Windows 7 somethings wrong with my keyboard

Nilsb7

Extraordinary Member
hello folks,

since i started my pc this morning, my computer logs off everytime i press the left shift button.

i have no idea where there's a setting for disabling the key or disabling the shortcut to log off.

i cant really use my pc now so a quick response is very much appreciated :(

- windows 7 build 7600 64 bit
- microsoft digital media pro keyboard
- intellitype pro 7.0 keyboard driver

btw, im sorry this might not be the fault of windows 7 but i havent had this problem in xp and i dont know any other place to ask this.

okay i fixed the problem by uninstalling the IntelliType Pro driver.

but still some questions,

How could this happen?
- when pressing the left shift button, windows logs off
- when pressing the right windows key, counter strike source starts o_O
- when pressing the right arrow key, i write an ä

if anyone has got an idea, please post it so I wont screw up again :p

after uninstalling the driver, the weird shortcuts didnt work anymore, except the right arrow key writing an "ä"

I'll try reinstalling the driver now, hope it doesnt start all over again...

---------------

I just, uninstalled the driver, restarted, still had the ä problem, installed the driver, and all problems where back, ive now uninstalled it again, hope you've got a solution for this :(

----------------

another thing I noticed, the Counter Strike: Source icon in the taskbar changed o_O
It used to look like the Steam icon but now it looks like this Link Removed due to 404 Error

Weird things happening @ my PC without me changing any setting anywhere
It's getting scary :|

Last edited:
Hi,
do you have the latest driver? If not, download here:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Ok..thanks for updating :)

Hmm...it's a weird one alright... What about virus/malware? Also did you upgrade or do a fresh install?

Ok..thanks for updating :)

Hmm...it's a weird one alright... What about virus/malware? Also did you upgrade or do a fresh install?

Yea, I thought about virus/malware to, but ESET Smart Security (full version) is running and did not find anything after a full scan, and yes I did a fresh install, installed about 1 month ago.

What about system restore? Also have you tried the k'board in a different USB port?

Last edited:
What about system restore? Also have you tried the k'board in a different USB port?

Latest system restore point is from today (what the hell there's just one!)

No I haven't, thought about that to, will try that later on

My Logitech Media keyboard has a feature where you can use the "F" keys for uses other than the default. There's a "Mode F" button that switches between the 2 modes. Does yours have anything like this?

I know this sounds like I'm accusing you of not knowing about your own keyboard but I used mine for months without knowing about that feature. Then one day I was trying to use one of the F keys for it's intended function and it kept doing something weird.

It might be worth un-installing the software for it and reboot a few times without it attached..
If it was plugged in the front USB ports, I'd try the back as these can carry a little more current than the front ones.. If it was already in the back then just try a different port (but still in the back)..

Yes I do have an F function (I never use it) but it only concerns F1-F12, I'll try it anyway

Yes it is plugged in the back, I'll try other usb ports :)

If all that fails, I'll try that amazing app :O

Can't try it right now because I'm not at home, I'm typing this with my PSP xD

Thanks to y'all! I'll keep you updated

okay I've used another USB port for the keyboard, but it's still the same
I tried the F key, same result

I've downloaded the program, couldn't see any odd binds or so but still, I used the reset keyboard layout and restarted the PC, to no avail, again

:(

thinking about waiting till Windows 7 full comes out and doing a clean install (It was only 1 month ago :S)
If you guys got any other solution, please tell me

Last edited:
I've just been looking over the web site for the keyboard and as yet 7 isn't mentioned.. Have you tried running the drivers in compatibility mode?

I've just been looking over the web site for the keyboard and as yet 7 isn't mentioned.. Have you tried running the drivers in compatibility mode?

Haven't tried that because in my previous installation of windows 7 7600 64 (so exactly the same) I had no problems, and as seen here Link Removed due to 404 Error you can select Windows 7 64 Bit, and I've read that the 7.0 drivers are specially made for windows 7

It looks like something has got corrupted somewhere... Why don't you re-install 7 but use the upgrade option so you can keep your files and folders? Hopefully this will fix whatever files have got corrupted...

I'm running the scan now, hope it works.
If it doesn't how to re-install? just by starting the setup.exe and choosing update? is that possible if its the exact same windows 7 version?
thanks again :)

It found problems :O
Can't use the command to export the text file to my desktop because I've got spaces in my username...
username: P A C M A N
Here the error message: Link Removed due to 404 Error
I'll just restart now and see if it's fixed =/

Restarted, and still, the same problems... *sigh*

Okay, I opened the log file by simple entering %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log in the address bar, it opens a huge text document, so I scroll down, and it says completed succesfully blablabla, so I use ctrl + F to search for unable because that's what your error message started with, and it cannot find unable
any ideas? :/

Last edited:
It found problems :O
Can't use the command to export the text file to my desktop because I've got spaces in my username...
username: P A C M A N

Why does the installation allow spaces in the user name ... doesn't Microsort know it will cause errors in file paths?

Stuff like that just makes me shake my head.

Why does the installation allow spaces in the user name ... doesn't Microsort know it will cause errors in file paths?

Stuff like that just makes me shake my head.
Indeed :/
It's not possible to use spaces in PC name though, weird

If it doesn't how to re-install? just by starting the setup.exe and choosing update? is that possible if its the exact same windows 7 version?
thanks again :)

Change boot order to boot from DVD then choose to upgrade instead of 'custom install'..

Back
Top Bottom