Windows 8 Somethings wrong with my computer :/

John Kim

I have a samsung series 5 chronos windows 8 but somethings wrong with my computer first of all the cmd would close every time i try to open the window and i tried running it with "cmd /k ipconfig /all"on the run window and i tried going into the system32 folder but the windows explorer closes instantly after i open the system32 floder and after i play games such as skyrim, assassins creed brotherhood or if i use my computer for about 3 hours i cant move folders or anything anywhere and when i try to drag and drop folders the transperant folder (shortcut or anything that can be dragged and droped) just gets stuck on the screen and stays there when i want to drag and drop and the transparent folder wont go away unless i drag and drop another folder(which gets stuck on the screen too) and sometimes nothing works on my computer apps on the start menu won't open such as skype and sometimes when i press the power button to shut down it doesnt show the menu to sleep restart or shut down i don't know if i did anything wrong to the computer its been 3 months and i had to restart my computer everytime i had the problem and i checked my computer for viruses but it says my computer is clean :/ plz help this problem has been bothering me a lot

Last edited by a moderator:
John,

Either it is malware or the OS is corrupt/damaged. There are a whole slew of things to do for this... the last ones being Restore, Refresh or Rebuild but, 1st...

When did this start?
What security are you using?
What did you use to check for viruses that said it was clean?
Is the machine brand new?

Please do the following:
(Oh, I just remembered your cmd won't work)
Run a full scan w/ Malwarebytes
Tell the machine to do a Disc Check - Rt Clk on C:/, Lt Clk on Properties > Tools tab & hit Check Now

Cheers,
Drew

I have a samsung series 5 chronos windows 8 but somethings wrong with my computer first of all the cmd would close every time i try to open the window and i tried running it with "cmd /k ipconfig /all"on the run window and i tried going into the system32 folder but the windows explorer closes instantly after i open the system32 floder and after i play games such as skyrim, assassins creed brotherhood or if i use my computer for about 3 hours i cant move folders or anything anywhere and when i try to drag and drop folders the transperant folder (shortcut or anything that can be dragged and droped) just gets stuck on the screen and stays there when i want to drag and drop and the transparent folder wont go away unless i drag and drop another folder(which gets stuck on the screen too) and sometimes nothing works on my computer apps on the start menu won't open such as skype and sometimes when i press the power button to shut down it doesnt show the menu to sleep restart or shut down i don't know if i did anything wrong to the computer its been 3 months and i had to restart my computer everytime i had the problem and i checked my computer for viruses but it says my computer is clean :/ plz help this problem has been bothering me a lot

You could also try running the system file checker:

Right click in the bottom left hand corner of the screen and from the list/menu choose admin command prompt. Type:

sfc /scannow

Press enter and await results from scan. If any corruption is found it will attempt to repair.

Oh, maybe I misread... I thought he'd said cmd didn't work. If it does & I misunderstood, I, too, was going to suggest sfc /scannow

So, yes, that would be the thing to do.

Cheers,
Drew

Back