Windows 7 somethings wrong with my keyboard

Indeed :/
It's not possible to use spaces in PC name though, weird

Maybe not a pc name ... but...

Cick "Start" type "us" and click on User Accounts / manage another account / create a new account and type in
J A C K and it will save it... then later the paths to this user's files can be confused because of the spaces.

Windows has given me so many warnings against spaces in file names. I can't believe it would allow someone to use them in a user account name.

I opened the cbs.log in Notepad under elevated status. When I used "Find" and looked for unable it went straight to the entry I found before. I guess yours doesn't have this. If it didn't fix it after you ran SFC and rebooted then it won't work. I'm sorry.

Last edited:
yea, I don't use DVD's, I unrar the iso files to my harddrive and than just start the setup.exe :D
saves me some bucks ^^
I'll try that later, the problem ain't that big that I can't use my system right now, it's just annoying, so I'll try it this weekend or so :)

yea, I don't use DVD's, I unrar the iso files to my harddrive and than just start the setup.exe :D
saves me some bucks ^^
I'll try that later, the problem ain't that big that I can't use my system right now, it's just annoying, so I'll try it this weekend or so :)

That could be where your problem lies... A clean install should provide you with a much better running system.

noooo, i did a clean install, I installed from DVD, this one time :p
and I did a clean install before that, from windows xp 64 bit, worked fine, just running the setup.exe by doubleklicking :D

It seems to me like it won't work to install Windows from the hard drive. The biggest part of the installation happens in BIOS. I could definitely be wrong about that. It's just that I've always installed from the Windows disk. Can you do that?

It seems to me like it won't work to install Windows from the hard drive. The biggest part of the installation happens in BIOS. I could definitely be wrong about that. It's just that I've always installed from the Windows disk. Can you do that?

I did NOOOOT install from hard drive this time.

but I used to do it like that, and it worked great for 5 times, no odd things happening to my keyboard as this time when I use a DVD to install :/

And it really works xD it just starts up the installation, copies some files, then restarts, goes into some not really finished windows 7 and continues installing. I doubt that windows made this option with knowing it doesn't work ^^

saves me some bucks

Man, you are making me cry. A blank dvd doesn't even cost a nickle these days... and you never have buffer underuns that spit them out with just enough data to make them un-usable. The first cd's.. yeah cd's not DVD's I bought cost $8 each. We only made 50 cents a day back then so you can imagine the misery when a buffer underrun spit one out making it a coffee cup coaster.

Man, you are making me cry. A blank dvd doesn't even cost a nickle these days... and you never have buffer underuns that spit them out with just enough data to make them un-usable. The first cd's.. yeah cd's not DVD's I bought cost $8 each. We only made 50 cents a day back then so you can imagine the misery when a buffer underrun spit one out making it a coffee cup coaster.
Yes, so what? :p I don't like DVD's & CD's so I don't use them ^^ I didn't even have a DVD/CD drive till one month ago :p because I don't use it, everything I need is on the internet :D
Just like the floppy drive, CD's & DVD's are old to me, why use them if I can just download it?

but please, any other solutions to my problem instead of reinstalling windows?

oh and just for stueycaster, Link Removed due to 404 Error :) IT REALLY WORKS :p and I dont have any problems with the spaces in my username, just this once when using msdos, but well how often do I use that, and I found another way so :)

Last edited:
oh and just for stueycaster, Link Removed due to 404 Error :) IT REALLY WORKS :p and I dont have any problems with the spaces in my username, just this once when using msdos, but well how often do I use that, and I found another way so :)
Hey cool. I guess it's not such a problem after all. I'm glad things are working out for you. :)

zonk

I just reinstalled windows, I wan't to smash my keyboard against the wall.

hello folks,

since i started my pc this morning, my computer logs off everytime i press the left shift button. :|

Ok.. you have verified you don't have your keyboard remapped. (that would be my first suspicion)

You have run system file checker

You have gone to Panda Autoscan and verified you don't have a virus or malware. (Panda is free and is EXCELLENT and always has the most current definitions because they use Panda's database and not a potentially older databaed you haven't downloaded and installed)

You have tried another keyboard? They are $10 at walmart... you've probably pulled $20 worth of hair out of your head already.

You know you have the correct and most current drivers for your keyboard... and have checked your driver dates to make sure the driver update ACTUALLY put them in your system32\drivers folder? I have updated drivers the vendor install program just left them sitting in another folder. I had to manually copy them.

You have viewed the Administrator logs in the Event Viewer

Did it ever work correctly? If so, have you restored your registry to that time when there was no problem?

After doing all that I would reinstall windoz.

Yea I just tried another (broken) keyboard, not the same weird shortcuts, so its my keyboard that's wrecked.
I should've tried that earlier...
Thanks for the help anyways :)

I did wonder if it was the k'board..At least now you know.

Nice choice! I love Razer products and use a copperhead mouse..Best mouse I've ever had. I've been using it for the last 2years and it's still as good as the day I bought it. Other mice always seem to go bad in the end...

Back
Top Bottom