Windows 8 Sony Laptop Screen Not Being Recognized

noob

When I installed Windows 8 on my Sony Vaio, it thinks my monitor is Non - Pnp and won't fill up my screen. How can I fix this? I really hope that I can somehow download a driver to make windows 8 realize my monitor is a laptop. Any ideas?

I suspect it's a graphics driver issue. My Vaio uses an AMD graphics adapter. Try going to the AMD site and search for Win 8 specific drivers.

I'm kind of surprised the default drivers are not working. Mine works fine with the default drivers for 2 different laptops.

Was yours an Upgrade Install or a Custom Install? I used Custom Install from DVD and both are perfect. If you Upgraded, that might be causing your problems. It seems I am reading of many more strange problems with the Upgrade than with the Custom install.

You might have to use the link in your email receipt near the top to start over. This time when you get to the screen, choose Install by creating media.

14.jpg

When I installed Windows 8 on my Sony Vaio, it thinks my monitor is Non - Pnp and won't fill up my screen. How can I fix this? I really hope that I can somehow download a driver to make windows 8 realize my monitor is a laptop. Any ideas?

Check your manufacturer web page too. Laptop drivers are often supplied by the manufacturer.

Back