Windows 7 SP1 won't configure

rpjd

I bought my laptop with Vista as the original OS (August 2010). Upgraded to 7. I've had no problem whatsoever with downloading, installing and configuring updates. Until now. I have 1 important update Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (KB976932). I am getting this error: 0x800f0826. No other updates available. Is this a known issue?

Have you recently used Driver Sweeper and or Driver Cleaner Dot Net applications. I know that Mike the owner and senior administrator of this site had a similar issue which he seemed to link to the over zealous use of Driver Sweeper in cleaning up some ATI drivers. Not sure what he did or if he managed to overcome the issue but I did find this article from a TechNet Blog which may help. If youhave to resort to "Work Around 3", here is a Microsoft Article that may help and another.

Tried all of the these, none worked. Although my laptop boots and works normally, I think I have a problem with the OS. I tried to do a system restore/rollback of 24/48 hours, but the system restore failed. Sounds ominous. No idea what to do. Another issue is that I'm trying to upgrade the Android OS on my Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000. Windows 7 fails to install the Android driver. MTP usb device Failed. Oddly enough, my Galaxy S connects to Windows XP without any difficulty.

Tried all of the these, none worked. Although my laptop boots and works normally, I think I have a problem with the OS. I tried to do a system restore/rollback of 24/48 hours, but the system restore failed. Sounds ominous. No idea what to do. Another issue is that I'm trying to upgrade the Android OS on my Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000. Windows 7 fails to install the Android driver. MTP usb device Failed. Oddly enough, my Galaxy S connects to Windows XP without any difficulty.

Just curious what you are using for an anti-virus. I use Norton Security and in order to do a system restore I have to disable it. If I don't I get the message system restore failed.

Thats never been an issue before, never had an issue installing/configuring any Windows updates before. I using Avira Anti-virus.

Back