Windows 10 Start doesn't doesn't want to work on bootup?

How come everytime I boot up my pc my start menu doesn't work as well as my windows keys?

Explorer.exe might not be running/is set not to run/is corrupted. If you can, do CTRL + ALT + DEL, select task manager, and start the process. If it doesn't work/if it doesn't work on reboot, then do the same thing, but go to File > New task, and type "CMD" and check the run as administrator box and hit ok.

After an Admin. command prompt opens, type:

sfc /scannow

and press enter. You can also use a system restore (if you can get explorer.exe to pop up by running it manually then holding SHIFT and clicking restart) or a refresh. (<A refresh deletes all programs but keeps your files)

The task manager show it running and I don't want to do this and have re download all my programs again.
(<A refresh deletes all programs but keeps your files)
That is not an option.

No never have used system restore.How do you use it again.

Sometimes on boot up my start menu does work.

Get explorer working (if you can't, do CTRL SHIFT ESC, click file, and run the command "control" and find it) and type system restore in the start menu search bar.

What if you log in and type the wrong pass word then retype it?What would that do as I just restarted and typed the right pw not mispelled this time?What would that do?

Back
Top Bottom