Windows 7 Start Menu - All Programs - Always Open - Possible?

openup

Hi, I would like to customize the start menu just a bit. Take a look at the following screenshot:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Is this possible?

No...Alaphabetical seems to be the only way they can be arranged.....
but you can create a shortcut directly to most of them .... right click on your desktop and select New Shortcut and paste this in... . INCLUDING the quotes

"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"

Those are the global shortucuts.. you can also have user specific shortcuts that are combined into the All Programs list... based on who is logged on... they are located here:

"C:\Users\Terry\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"

Replace "Terry" with your user login name to make a shortcut that actually works.

I'm sorry I should have explained in words rather than just a screenshot. I'm asking is it possible to always show the All Programs list? Like.. get rid of the Recent Items list and the All Programs button, and just have the All Programs list always showing.

I'm sorry I should have explained in words rather than just a screenshot. I'm asking is it possible to always show the All Programs list? Like.. get rid of the Recent Items list and the All Programs button, and just have the All Programs list always showing.

Right click .. yes RIGHT on Start and go to Properties... set number of recent programs and recent items to 0

It won't cause All Programs to open automatically... but it will get rid of the clutter.

Yeah I know that but that's not what I want. That leaves a big white useless space.

Well you only have to mouse over.. and all programs automatically opens..

you can use Keytext to watch for when you click the start menu and quickly open the All Programs menu automatically.. you still can't sort them unless you just go in and rename them putting 1 2 3 in front of the file and program names according to what's most important to you.

Why not simply use the pin feature of Win 7 and put everyone you want at the top of the start menu? That's what it's there for.

AND you can arrange those icons according to your liking.

Last edited:
Back