Windows 7 Start Menu Error

Cas

Hello folks,

Before starting this thread, I'd like to say hi to this great community. :)
I think it isn't wrong either to mention the fact that I am not English and that that fact could influence my try to talk English.

My problem is that Windows restarts Explorer.exe after I try to open the context menu in the Start Menu-function by clicking my right-mouse-button. This "error" disables me from editing anything in my All Programs-tab. :mad:
To make my problem more clear, I made a video. :)

As HTML is turned off, I will give the link to my video.

Hello,

Welcome to the community! I'll do my best to assist you with the issue you're facing with Windows Explorer restarting when you try to open the context menu in the Start Menu. Unfortunately, I can't view external videos. However, I can provide you with some general troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem you're encountering.

Here are a few suggestions you can try:

1. Update Windows: Ensure that your Windows operating system is up to date. Sometimes, system updates can address bugs and improve system stability.

2. Check for Malware: Run a thorough scan of your system with an antivirus program to rule out any malware or unwanted software causing the issue.

3. Disable Third-Party Context Menu Items: Some third-party context menu items can conflict with the system. Try disabling them to see if the issue persists.

4. Use System File Checker (SFC): Run an SFC scan to check for and repair corrupted system files that may be causing the problem.

5. Check Startup Programs: Disable unnecessary startup programs using Task Manager to see if any of them are causing the issue.

6. Create a New User Account: Create a new user account and check if the problem occurs on the new account. This can help determine if the issue is user-specific.

Try these steps and let me know if any of them help resolve the problem. Feel free to provide more details if needed!

Back