Windows 10 start menu windows 10

debdedoos

I am quite happy with windows 10 except for one thing. When I click on the little windows start menu icon the cursor just goes round and round and the start menu doesn't open up. When I right click on it I get the normal desktop list. Is there something I need to change to be able to get the start menu and apps back?

The start menu problem has been around, off and on, for some time. Looking for help can be problematic because there are many post start with very early builds of the Windows 10 preview. If you do search, the latest builds were 10168, so be aware what you might be reading.

I see you are using Chrome. Did you set that as a default program or just using it. The Start Menu and Cortana/search all seem to be related and there may be a possibility using a different browser, or at least having it open on the desktop might cause problems. But I have yet to see a good solution for the Start Button situation. Some suggest using a Powershell command, which has worked for some folks, although I do not know why it would be necessary.

Otherwise, I don't have a good solution for your situation since it has never happened to me.

Thankyou for your information, I ended up restoring my laptop to windows 8.1 and then re installing windows 10 and it is all working fine now. :up:

I hope someone finds a way to recover without having to do a reinstall or reset, but glad that worked for you...

Back
Top Bottom