Windows 7 startup repair and safemode not working

Harsh

hi everyone

i tried boot my windows normally but it restart with an error and error was showed up for less than 1sec. but some how i was able to get picture of that and link is below

Link Removed due to 404 Error

And same error come up when i tried to boot in safemode and it restart again and take me to "windows startup repair" option.

so i tried to repair with "windows startup repair" but after loading windows file it stuck with one cursor and windows7 loggin wallpaper and nothing comeup

with this wallpaper it stuck
Link Removed due to 404 Error

and again same thing happens when i tried to recover from my recovery disk

now i don't know what to do
please help
thanx...

sorry for bad english:D

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,736
Looks like the code means "Unmountable Boot Volume". Have you changed your system drives configuration? Do you have some external drive plugged in?

This is a possible corruption of the boot volume (usually C: ). Did you see ChkDsk (CheckDisk) running ? Have you checked the Application Event Log for source ChkDsk ? If you find an event from ChkDsk it will detail any corruption.

Hello saltgrass
No I din't change anything and no other external drive is plugged in

Hi huddie
May be I m wrong but to run chkdsk, I think I have to boot in safe mode with command prompt and i cannot boot in any safe mode option.

If I m wrong about how to run chkdsk, will you tell me?

Thanx:)

You can run it normal windows. Click on accessories folder in start menu> right click run click run as administrator. In cmd window type chkdsk.

But I m not able run normal windows and not even in safe mode , that is the problem....

I was going to give you this link & tell you to run chkdsk /r until, I read your last entry. You will have to rebuild/re-install the OS to fix your situation. Not sure what did it but, will that's what it'll take to put things right. Boot is buggered & if, running Start-up Repair 3 times doesn't fix it or that can't be run @ all... you're left w/ rebuilding.

Well I have genuine windows and backup disk of original windows is also not working as mentioned in 1st post
And if I have re install the windows then I have lose original windows and I don want that

No matter I have other disk of windows but I m trying to keep it genuine
so if is there any way please let me know....
:frown::)

Hi huddie
May be I m wrong but to run chkdsk, I think I have to boot in safe mode with command prompt and i cannot boot in any safe mode option.

If I m wrong about how to run chkdsk, will you tell me?

Thanx:)

Harsh,

I'm not suggesting that you run ChkDsk. I'm asking whether Windows has run it automatically already. If so, a report will have been generated and copied to the App Event Log, which you can view and determine if disk corruption has occurred. If you did not see ChkDsk and cannot launch EventVwr.exe to view the logs, then try booting to Last Known Good in the boot menu, though I suspect you've already tried this. Failing that, basically take the hard drive out, attach it to another PC, run ChkDsk on it to repair what you can, back it up, put it back in your PC, delete the partition and install Windows again on a clean system. Once you've done this you can restore your documents and data from the backup. Painful, but likely your only option, sorry :-(

As for possible causes, as you may not be able to confirm ChkDsk activity, if rebuilding your system on the same hard drive, run a disk diagnostic before you go spending a lot of time rebuilding your software. This may identify any issues with the hard drive, such as repeated head crashes.

I was going to say the same before know what 'huddie' had said... that is, put the HDD on another box. & feeling a clean install is needed, grab whatever critical data whilst the HDD is plugged into that other machine. Cheers, Drew

Hi huddie
hi drew

I put hdd in other pc but still same
i tried to reinstall all new but it stops at setup initializing
:confused::frown:

From this vantage point I'd say either that HDD is failing or there is something amiss w/ the media

Yap also I think there is internal hardware problem so I sending it to company

Hope result will be fine :rolleyes:

Thax for helping guys

Yap also I think there is internal hardware problem so I sending it to company

Hope result will be fine :rolleyes:

Thax for helping guys

That's probably for the best if it's under warranty. Consider taking a backup too.

Likely the right move. You're welcome. Let us know how that goes. Drew

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom