Windows 7 Suddenly can't install anything.

Unable to install msi on Windows 7

Hi,
I have a ASP.Net 3.5 webservice and I created the msi using the Web Setup project. I used to build and deploy all the time previously when I had a XP machine, now that I have replaced with a new machine which has Windows 7, I am facing the problem. When I double click the msi, all it does it brings up the first window and the caption reads Installation Incomplete and only action I can take at that point is cancel out of the window. I am unsure what the issue is. I tried looking in the EventViewer to see if anything got logged in there, but found nothing. On this new machine I have enabled ASP.Net by going to the Framework64 folder of Microsoft.Net and registered using aspnet_regiis -i and that I was able to do by going to the VS command prompt as an Administrator. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Not Fixed My Problem

Same problem as those from the first few pages, i have tried to delete Machine Throttling from reg edit, however i dont have it. I tried the MS official CMD version of the fix and got a operation completed message but no change in the problem.

I haven't been able to install a single MSI based program on windows 7 yet. Please Help!!!

Should be fixed but NOT

Same problem as those from the first few pages, i have tried to delete Machine Throttling from reg edit, however i dont have it. I tried the MS official CMD version of the fix and got a operation completed message but no change in the problem.

I haven't been able to install a single MSI based program on windows 7 yet. Please Help!!!

I too am having the same problems... I have deleted the registry and disabled the Customer Service Improvement. In addition, I am having issues with itunes and quicktime. Neither will even start to run. When I try to start itunes gives me a message that "Apple Application Support was not found.... Please uninstall and install again.... Error 2" Is there a way to uninstall and re-install the installer? I am at a loss and would love to add some software that needs .msi

Appreciative.

Back
Top Bottom