Windows 7 Sweex wireless NIC cannot start

Menippos

I have this Sweex wireless 54 Mbps NIC (model LW057) and in Device manager it shows up with a little yellow triangle. When in properties, it says that the device cannot start (code 10). The drivers look OK, tried the ones for Vista too (don't ask where I found them, long story...). Any ideas?

ok i saw ya pm a bit late and this thread after that so ill respond here

What to use:
Vista sweex updated driver (u use the 2nd listed cause i got 4GB)
======================================================
Sweex LW057 and Windows Vista.

You do not need to download Vista drivers for the Sweex LW057. The drivers are already included with Vista. Install the card and let Vista install the drivers automatically.

In case your system has more than 2GB of internal memory and you experience issues with installing the card, check the FAQ section of our website.

Sweex LW057 and Windows Vista.

For the Sweex LW057 you will not need Vista drivers to download. These drivers are already in your operating system Vista. Install the card and let Vista automatically install the drivers.

If your system more than 2GB of internal memory, and you experience problems installing the card, please visit the FAQ section of our website
============================================================
FAQ:
I use Windows Vista and my card does not work. In Device Manager, the map is displayed with a yellow exclamation point (Code 10). (LW057)
This can occur if you have more than 2 GB of memory is in your computer. There is a new driver available that solves this problem. this driver can be downloaded here:
Link Removed due to 404 Error
(vista) and works same on Win 7 (/me x86)

2) devicemanager -> hardware -> sweex -> update driver (advanced) -> show to file -> choose own one -> choose folder -> accept the non signed driver. -> reboot -> done :p you got internet

Cheers RAKMEiSTER

Last edited:
Sweex LW057 not working in Windows7

Hi,

I installed Windows 7 ultimate last weekend and my Sweex LW057 wireless lan is not working anymore. The drivers dor XP and Vista do not seem to work.
Anybody a solution for this??
Sweex say they do not have drivers for W7.

Thanks, Paul
My PC is AMD, 2200 MhZ

sweex model LW057

Can anyone help i have the sweex wirless caed model LW057 which works fine with win7 using 2gb ram but when i put 4gb ram in sweex does not work at all.
I have download drivers till i m sick in the face but issue still the same can anyone explain this to me
Thanks in advance
Marted

I accept information:
For the Sweex LW057 you will not need Vista drivers to download. These drivers are already in your operating system Vista. Install the card and let Vista automatically install the drivers.

If your system more than 2GB of internal memory, and you experience problems installing the card, please visit the FAQ section of our website
================================================== ==========
FAQ:
I use Windows Vista and my card does not work. In Device Manager, the map is displayed with a yellow exclamation point (Code 10). (LW057)
This can occur if you have more than 2 GB of memory is in your computer. There is a new driver available that solves this problem. this driver can be downloaded here:
Link Removed due to 404 Error
(vista) and works same on Win 7 (/me x86)
Thanks for sharing!

Can anyone help i have the sweex wirless caed model LW057 which works fine with win7 using 2gb ram but when i put 4gb ram in sweex does not work at all.
I have download drivers till i m sick in the face but issue still the same can anyone explain this to me
Thanks in advance
Marted

Hi,
I too have been on the look out, what i have found so far is if you go into the update driver and install the xp drivers either from your disc or from here Link Removed due to 404 Error ,yes use the xp not vista driver you may have more success, i have just done this and it at least now sees my card and has connected to my network, but still having some issues, hope this helps.

Back