Windows 7 system doesn't wake after sleep or hibernate. Must do hard reboot.

jsabol

Hello All. This is my first post here, so I am sorry for any repeat of topic. I have been searching for solutions and have not found any that match my issue or solved it. So without further delay...
I had my laptop for about 5 months running OEM Win 7 home premium 32bit. The system came with no disks so I am stuck, for now, with the copy loaded. Anyway, things had been running smoothly up to a few weeks ago, for when I tried to put my system into hibernate, like I've done many times before, the screen went black, but the system did not power-down. I could not do anything but power-cycle it. When it came back I got the "Windows failed to shutdown properly blah blah blah" message. I tried 'sleep' and the same thing happened. I don't do much in the way of adding or removing programs on this laptop, aside from updates and the only recent hardware change was using a usb mouse. Which I have tried removing this and there was no change. I have tried updating drivers that needed it (video, audio, and network) as well as the BIOS. No luck. If there is any ideas I sure would love to hear about it. Thanks.

Back