Windows 7 System Shutdown Errors

julio99

I took a look at my Reliability Monitor to see if I was still getting shutdown errors and sure enough, I still have them. Alls I do is shut down the computer via the start menu / shutdown box. If I go to the Reliability Monitor the next day I notice that I have a critical error without a number stating there was an unexpected shutdown. I don't get these errors or the reason I'm getting them. There's usually some number to help in researching the cause. Maybe someone can help with cause of these "unexpected shutdown errors". Actually there's a red X next to "miscellaneous failures" on the Reliability Monitor. At the bottom of the graph it says under "Critical Events" that Windows was not properly shutdown.

Have you checked the Event viewer for more info?

Do you have problems with sleep?

Probably something is misbehaving and not shutting itself down correctly. You might try shutting down whatever you can early and see if it makes a difference.

Have you checked the Event viewer for more info?

Do you have problems with sleep?

Probably something is misbehaving and not shutting itself down correctly. You might try shutting down whatever you can early and see if it makes a difference.
I only use Hibernate Mode. I decided it was the lesser of 2 evils on a laptop. The eerrors only seem to come when I actually "shut down" the computer. Hibernate and sleep don't seem to bother it. I did make a shtdown shortcut to see if that might help, but I do believe it is some program that is staying open long enough to cause a hiccup in the system. The Event logs are rlatively clean for shutdown problems, but I did find one about "Outlook" staying open and I read somewhere about Kaspersky being a possible culprit on shutdown issues. KAV 2011 is what I use on Windows 7 HP X64

Just thought I'd let anyone with the same error know that the reason for me getting the Error in the Reliability Monitor and Error 6008 in the Event Viewer about "Unexpected Shutdowns" was caused by the Software Program "Diskeeper". I'd like to make it clear that I wasn't getting any other trouble other than the shutdown errors.

Back