Windows 7 Task bar stealing focus

DeadMan

I've seen on this forum that a bunch of people are having the focus stealing issues. However, while all of their problems are about a window stealing focus, my taskbar is stealing focus. I could be typing something up and then the window I'm typing in deselects. Nothing pops up or anything, just the top bar of the window goes gray and I can't do anything with the window I until I click it again. It's a pain in the *** for videos, too. When I'm watching something on YouTube or VLC in fullscreen the task bar will just randomly appear at the bottom of the screen. When I'm using Netflix it just drops out of fullscreen all together. Games it is the worst with. I will be in game then all of sudden I'm dropped out of the game and back on whatever window I was on before the game launched. It's still running, just minimized. Any ideas how to fix this?

So you have not noticed anything in common with these events, like new mail notifications or some other background task?

Is there a particular time or time period associated with the events, such as 10 minutes after the hour or whatever?

Does it happen where you could keep Task Manager open and see if any services start up or start to use CPU time?

Hi

I found this....

The file HPSFMsgr.exe belongs to HP Support Assistant.
It should be in the following location.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPSFMessenger\HPSFMsgr.exe

You might try changing the name on it i.e. IgnoreHPSFM.exe and see if it solves your problems or creates any with it missing.

You can always change it back if you have a problem with it gone.

If you aren't using a lot of Hewlett Packard support you probably won't miss it.

You could also look in Start Up Items in CCleaner and see if you have this set to run when Windows starts.
If it is just disable it and see what happens.

Mike

Back