Windows 7 Tata photon not working with windows 7

harleen65

I am not able to use my tata photon plus device on windows 7 laptop.Its works on other laptops with vista but not on my laptop.The device is getting detected as a CDROM but not as a modem.Uninstaled and tried to install back but drivers are missing.Customer care told that this issue is throughout India with Windows 7and windows 8 users.Please suggest a solution

I get a message device is disconnected or unavailable.I have contacted the Tata photon support center but I have got a response that this is a windows issue

Yeah, that's the typical, It's not us but them. Don't want to sound sarcastic... but it's the ball game!

Tata photon does seem to have issues with Vista too. I suggest you look for Windows updates, they also have hardware driver updates. And do, please, have Windows important updates installed - and check your security part, that you
1. don't have several security programs running there and
2. you're security allows Tata photon to work. You can allow it separately, through Options or Settings.

If it's "Disconnected or unavailable", that's probably the cause. To unplug and plug [wires] may help, you just have to do it... many times.

Please give info of what Firewall or others you have running. They sometimes collide. With one, it works, with another, nay.

TATA Photon USB Card is well-suited with all USB Port versions (2.0,1.1 and 1.0) So the port your computer has must be sufficient. Have you installed the drivers for the card? The drivers will most likely be located on the CD that came with the Photon USB Stick. They will also be available online on the TATA Photon Website.
Additionally, the Photon card has been reported to have problems with Windows 7. If your computer is running Windows 7 then follow the given below steps:

· Start - Right click My Computer/Computer - Properties - Windows Edition.

More information and a possible fix for this error can be found here: http://onlygizmos.com/solved-tata-photon...

Back