Windows 10 Text problems after latest update

copper

After the latest Win10 Update 10.0.18362 Build 18362 text size has changed for all applications and Internet. Text on internet email and internet is big and bold. Lines overlap because of the size. When trying to shop online (Chrome browser) descriptions overlap so that they are impossible to read. On the otherhand, task bars, urls, and views such as for MS Word are tiny and very light. Adjusting the font size within a document is possible but sizes have to be adjusted way up. File Explorer is very light and small and doesn’t even fill the screen. I have tried everything I know how to do including Windows Ease of Access font and text changes within apps.. Nothing works. All my System Restore points are gone including one recent one. I need help with this. My PC is all but useless.

If Make size of fonts bigger, under Ease of Access>Display, is 100%, then check the display scaling (changing it will require you to logoff and login again).
If nothing helps, than you always can go back to previous version (uninstall latest update).

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I think I would add a new user and log in.
If the new user has the same problem with fonts, Windows got corrupted and you may consider a repair or new install,
On the otherhand if the new user is fine, Windows is fine but your profile got corrupted.

If Make size o
If Make size of fonts bigger, under Ease of Access>Display, is 100%, then check the display scaling (changing it will require you to logoff and login again).
If nothing helps, than you always can go back to previous version (uninstall latest update).

f fonts bigger, under Ease of Access>Display, is 100%, then check the display scaling (changing it will require you to logoff and login again).

I have tried all this again and again. Nothing works on internet apps

I think I would add a new user and log in.
If the new user has the same problem with fonts, Windows got corrupted and you may consider a repair or new install,
On the otherhand if the new user is fine, Windows is fine but your profile got corrupted.
I'll try this

I have just discovered my text has gone bizarre lately, did anyone else get this?

Attachments

• Capturefiles.PNG
    Capturefiles.PNG
    13.3 KB · Views: 155
  • CaptureForum.PNG
    CaptureForum.PNG
    36.1 KB · Views: 138
  • CaptureNews.PNG
    CaptureNews.PNG
    7.2 KB · Views: 157
The characters seem to be a bit granular, is that what is wrong?
Is something wrong with displaydriver or its settings?
Will Windows Clear Type repair it?
Is the representation of pictures crispy and nice as you expect it to be, so it is only a problem with the representation of characters?
I don't know whether Windows Repair will repair it, sorry.
Anybody else?

Last edited:
I uninstalled chrome and reinstalled and despite being led to believe it was removing all browsing data, which in terms of history it did, upon reinstallation the bookmarks are still on here, so why they back?

Anyway, I tried doing a technique where you edit some values in reg edit and it looks like it has helped the text used by windows itself i.e. start menu text looks great now, however on sky news website things are looking better but on YouTube the text is still weird. I set all the defaults for text fonts in chrome to Times New Roman and still it looks weird. It looks like having an account set to defaults requires making a new account rather than simply resetting everything to default, is that correct?

I uninstalled chrome and reinstalled and despite being led to believe it was removing all browsing data, which in terms of history it did, upon reinstallation the bookmarks are still on here, so why they back?

Anyway, I tried doing a technique where you edit some values in reg edit and it looks like it has helped the text used by windows itself i.e. start menu text looks great now, however on sky news website things are looking better but on YouTube the text is still weird. I set all the defaults for text fonts in chrome to Times New Roman and still it looks weird. It looks like having an account set to defaults requires making a new account rather than simply resetting everything to default, is that correct?

On another note I often find in windows and linux on this site when I go to post it says it ran into some problems and then simply doent let me post, then when i go to post it says wait some time

and then when i do post it seems I have posted twice???? as you can see now.

It looks like your windows profile got corrupted? I can't help with that, sorry, but Microsoft has answers you can try.
Search for windows-fix-corrupted-user-profile.

And you are right, I see postings twice all over this forum. Mike?

It turns out YouTube looked weird because it had its own font called Robotic, the solution was to stop the windows font cache service, navigate to this folder, C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\FontCache delete the contents, restart the service, delete all Edge internet cache, and then reboot windows.

Back