Windows 7 That slow Windows 7 issue again!

LisaL

Hello everyone,

I have a big problem of slowness with my laptop.
I checked for viruses and malwares with different programs (nothing detected), then I reset my laptop to factory settings and my computer is still slow.
As soon as I open it, more than 80% of the RAM is being used (with not a single heavy program running in the background).
I just generated a system health report:
First, it says that the available memory on the system is low. Second, it says "The average disk queue length is 1. The disk may be at its maximum transfer capacity due to throughput and disk seeks".

Here are the specificities of my computer: Window 7 - 64 bit - Intel Core I7 - 6GB memory.
(However, when I look at the basic information about my computer in the control panel, it says that my system has 2gb memory.

What do you think is causing this issue? do you think that 4gb of my ram is damaged?

Many thanks for your help!!

Lisa

That does sound like a ram problem, have you tried taking it out and putting it back in again?, making sure you've anti-staticked yourself first of course.

No, I haven't tried! I will do it and let you know if it fixes the issue.
Thank you for your answer!

Hi again Syex.
So I removed the 4gb ram and put it back in again, and the computer didn't boot. So I removed it and started the computer with the 2 GB ram only and it worked. So I guess my 4 GB ram is completely dead now and I just need to buy a new one?

Hi! Here is a little update: I just installed a brand new 4 gb ram and the issue isn't solved. The computer is still slow and the basic information about my computer still says that there are 2 gb installed memory (when it should say 6 GB). I just ran the windows memory diagnostic tool and it didn't detect any problem!

Where could the issue come from then?

Sorry for late reply, sounds like the computer isn't recognizing the ram for some reason so there could be a motherboard problem. May need an expert to provide further help. At the moment I'm looking at a friends laptop which only has 2 gb of ram installed running windows 7. It's painfully slow and unresponsive and keeps hanging, when I look at the resource monitor almost all 2 gb of ram is being used by the OS. W7 is no good with only 2gb of ram, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom