Windows 7 The Y Key

Tashini

I have the strangest issue - I did a clean install of Win 7 Home Edition on my HP laptop over the weekend and ever since that whenever I type anything involving the Y key, it jumps back several spaces OR highlights the text which ends up being deleted as I am a fast touch typist! I have checked to see if I have sticky keys on but they are turned off. I am just baffled by this and annoyed as I work off my laptop and I am having to keep retyping the same things over and over. Any clues out there?

You may need a keyboard utility from HP.... It might also enable some special keys.

Welcome to the forums,

Tashini said:
whenever I type anything involving the Y key, it jumps back several spaces OR highlights the text which ends up being deleted as I am a fast touch typist!

Do you observe the same behavior when typing slowly?

Are you pressing any modifying keys with "Y"?

Can you type "Y" in notepad?

Do you run any software that adds hotkeys?

Do you observe the same behavior when typing slowly? I did the one- finger typing thing and the same thing happened.

Are you pressing any modifying keys with "Y"? Not that I am aware of

Can you type "Y" in notepad? I'll give this a go when I get home and let you know but it has happened when using MSN, Word, Powerpoint,

Do you run any software that adds hotkeys? no not that I am aware ... apart from MS Office, MAN Live Messenger and Comodo Security on.

Back