Windows 7 This copy of Windows is not genuine

Legacy

Hi everybody.
I seek some help as of I am very confused.
My Windows now says that "This copy of Windows is not genuine" and that is not true!
I bought my Windows 7 at the very day it was released in a retail store! And i have never had any trouble with it before, it has always been saying that it was a true and registered version of Windows. Please i don't know what to do, do any one have an idea of why it is saying this?

If you have a valid version of Windows, with a valid license key, go to Start -> slui

Run this applicaiton, choose "Show me other ways to activate"

"Use the automated phone system" and activate via telephone.

If you are in the United States, the phone number is 1-888-725-1047

Outside of that, we cannot discuss ways to illegally activate Windows 7. You should contact Microsoft directly regarding your license.

Activation may not be related to the Not Genuine message. Have you allowed normal Windows updates or have you checked for updates lately.

Have you run any registry editors that might have removed something from the registry or some other utility that might have removed some files?

Activation may not be related to the Not Genuine message. Have you allowed normal Windows updates or have you checked for updates lately.

Have you run any registry editors that might have removed something from the registry or some other utility that might have removed some files?

Yes I have allowed normal Windows updates. But no I have not run any regedit's but technically could a virus have coursed this?

I do not know for sure what might have caused it. You may need to do what Mike suggests. If you hit Winkey + Pause (System Window) does your system show as activated?

If you can still download updates, then your system should be considered Genuine. You have probably noticed that every now and then, Windows asks to update the verification utility prior to updates. Perhaps one of those updates sees something it does not like.

Have you rebooted lately?

Rare Instance of Blocked Key

There are some rare instances we have seen (very rare), where your key itself may have been blacklisted in an attempt to curb piracy. I believe we have seen this maybe once before. Even in that instance, you need to call Microsoft on it. You own the license for the software and need to address that right away with them. Remember, this is a product you paid money for and now it is their obligation to bend over backwards for the customer in this regard.

Back