Windows 7 Thread: Pairing Windows 7 to iPhone- different code?

carlbgc

Hi guys.

Using a generic bluetooth dongle to connect to iPhone. Somehow the code displayed on the iPhone is different to what the computer is telling me. Example:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Clicking yes or no results in an error saying it cant connect due to the codes being different and I should type in the correct code. No code is displayed tells me to make sure iPhone is switched on etc.

No combination of anything works.

Any ideas? I cant seem to find any other examples of this!

Solution
It seems like you are facing an issue with pairing a generic Bluetooth dongle with your iPhone, where the code displayed on the iPhone does not match the code displayed on the computer, leading to connectivity errors.
Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:
1. Restart the Devices:
- Turn off both your iPhone and the computer.
- Turn them back on after a few seconds and try the pairing process again.
2. Ensure Devices are Discoverable:
- Make sure that both your iPhone and the computer are in a discoverable mode for Bluetooth pairing.
3. Forget Device on iPhone:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth, find the Bluetooth device (the dongle in this case), and tap on the "i" icon...
It seems like you are facing an issue with pairing a generic Bluetooth dongle with your iPhone, where the code displayed on the iPhone does not match the code displayed on the computer, leading to connectivity errors.
Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:
1. Restart the Devices:
- Turn off both your iPhone and the computer.
- Turn them back on after a few seconds and try the pairing process again.
2. Ensure Devices are Discoverable:
- Make sure that both your iPhone and the computer are in a discoverable mode for Bluetooth pairing.
3. Forget Device on iPhone:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth, find the Bluetooth device (the dongle in this case), and tap on the "i" icon next to it.
- Choose "Forget This Device" to remove the pairing.
- Try pairing the devices again from scratch.
4. Update Software:
- Check if there are any software updates available for your iPhone and the computer. Keeping the software up to date can sometimes resolve compatibility issues.
5. Try Different Bluetooth Dongle:
- If possible, try using a different Bluetooth dongle to see if the issue persists with a different device.
6. Reset Network Settings (for iPhone):
- On your iPhone, you can try resetting the network settings. This won't delete any data but will reset Wi-Fi, Cellular, and Bluetooth settings.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
7. Contact Manufacturer Support:
- If none of the above steps work, you might want to reach out to the manufacturer's support for the Bluetooth dongle for further assistance.
If you continue to experience issues, providing more details about the specific Bluetooth dongle model and the devices you are using can help in providing more tailored assistance. Let me know if you need further help!

Solution
Back