Windows 10 Time incorrect on ASUS Transformer Book T100HA Windows 10

Clark N

When I replaced my ASUS Transformer Book T100HA with a new one (as the old one had some issues) the time was correct and I shutdown the tablet, During the morning I turned the tablet back on and I found out that the time and date was saved from the last shutdown. I then resetted the tablet and it still has the same issue. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Is it connected to your wireless, that is all it should need to sync the time. Also have you verified you have it set to the correct timezone.

Ordinarily this problem is resolved by setting the timezone to whatever timezone you are actually in, for example I'm in the Pacific Timezone (PDT), you didn't mention where you are? What timezone I mean. If that fails, then it's possible your wifi router needs to be reset or the Timezone adjusted in it's Admin settings.

The best way to do this is to use another working computer, and plug into the wifi router with a hardline, or Cat5e or Cat6 Ethernet cable, and access the Admin utility of the router. Once in the Admin utility you can check the timezone as well as the time/date; make sure all 3 of these are correct. You mentioned the tablet is getting reset to UTC but you are not in UTC, correct?? Set it to whatever your timezone actually is, make sure the date/time are correct also. Save the router config. Reboot the router, and remove the Ethernet cable from the router, and wirelessly connect the table to the wifi router. Check your timezone, and time/date on the tablet. If it's not right, not to fret, you may need to reset it again in W10 one more time. Reboot the tablet and retest for correct timezone and time/date. This should fix it! :up:

If it doesn't fix it, you'll need to do a factory reset on your wifi router; directions on how to do this will be in the owner's manual for the wifi router owner's manual which you can download from the router manufacturer's'website. For example, my router is a Netgear N300 and it's owner's manual can be found here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNR3500LV1/WNR3500L_SM_11JUN2010.pdf
Repeat the process of checking and setting your timezone and time/date in the Admin utility of the router, and then repeat the same process on your tablet. Reboot the tablet, reconnect to the wifi router again(you may have to enter the original password on the bottom label of the router if you did not change it while you were checking/adjusting timezone/time/date when you were in the Admin utility of the router, as the factory reset would have wiped out your old password), and readjust the timezone/time/date on the tablet once more. Reboot the tablet, and that should fix it! :up:

At this point, after trying the factory reset on your router, and the tablet won't keep the timezone/time/date correctly, it's most likely due to a failed wifi router and you should replace it. :waah: Once that's done, repeat the whole process of checking, setting, and testing the timezone/date/time on the new replacement router, and your tablet should then keep the timezone correctly.

Let us know how it goes!:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back
Top Bottom