Windows 7 Toshiba Satellite Laptop keeps freezing and blue screening?

ToshibaTom

Hi,

I have a Toshiba laptop, and windows 7 obviously. However, in the past few days it's been freezing and blue-screening a LOT. Like, up to 12 times a day, which is ridiculous.

Sometimes it just freezes when I'm not doing anything, and turquoise, pink and yellow lines will appear on the screen in blocks, and I'll have to turn it off. Sometimes it'll do this but then restart itself.

And then other times the BSOD comes up, flickering slightly, and then it freezes there, so I'll have to manually restart it. However, none of these problems have EVER happened while I've been playing a full screen game, which seems weird.

It's frozen twice today, and I've attached the mini dumps (or I think so, please tell me if I've done it wrong!)

Any advice you can give me would be hugely appreciated, the laptop is only a few months old so it shouldn't be acting up like this I don't think.

Thanks for any help, Tom.

Attachments

• Minidump 1.rar
    10 KB · Views: 242
  • Minidump 2.zip
    14.1 KB · Views: 201
Hi.

Both crashes posted are hardware types, one of which was a 0x124. Not so good.

Let's alleviate any software concerns first which will let us know if there really is a hardware defect to consider.

Visit Toshiba's site for your model to download and install the latest Value Added package to update the following drivers:

Code:
TVALZ_O  TVALZ_O.SYS  Mon Jul 13 22:19:26 2009
tos_sps64 tos_sps64.sys Wed Jun 24 01:31:09 2009
I can't see very many of your drivers because of the hardware nature of the crashes. While on Toshiba's site, it would be a great idea to update all drivers they have for you. Update the bios as well.

If there are still crashes after, please post them. I would also uninstall any antivirus for now while testing these hardware errors out.

Use in safe mode:
AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Last edited:
Hi.

Visit Toshiba's site for your model to download and install the latest Value Added package to update the following drivers:

Code:
TVALZ_O  TVALZ_O.SYS  Mon Jul 13 22:19:26 2009
tos_sps64 tos_sps64.sys Wed Jun 24 01:31:09 2009
I can't see very many of your drivers because of the hardware nature of the crashes. While on Toshiba's site, it would be a great idea to update all drivers they have for you. Update the bios as well.
[/URL]

Hi, thanks for the help. I went to the site and tried downloading the newest BIOS, but it told me it wouldn't because the current one I have is the same or newer than that one.

Also, bit of a PC illiterate I'm afraid, I'm not sure what these drivers you've posted are? Sorry to be a pain.

Tom.

No prob. I said directly above the drivers themselves what they are and how to update them.

Oh yeah, of course, not sure how I missed that! Thanks for your help, I did as you said and also used driver detective to update the drivers it said needed it. I'll post again if the problem persists.

Tom

Back