Windows 7 Touchpad and display problems!!! hp 520 notebook pc with intel core duo and windows7 ultimate build

bobbygeorge

Dear friends,

I have hp 520 notebook pc with intel core duo and windows7 ultimate build 7600 32 bit installed in it.

But when I boot up, my touchpad and display hang.
Please find the error message.

Code:
mobile intel 945 express chipset family display adapters
Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)

synaptics ps/2 port touch pad
This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Someone please help me..

Thanks in advance

Touchpad and display problems!!! hp 520 notebook pc with intel core duo

Dear friends,

I have hp 520 notebook pc with intel core duo and windows7 ultimate build 7600 32 bit installed in it.

But when I boot up, my touchpad and display hang.
Please find the error message.

Code:

Someone please help me..

Thanks in advance

Re: Touchpad and display problems!!! hp 520 notebook pc with intel core duo

Welcome to windows7forums.

(Please refrain from posting the same content twice)

Code:

This device cannot start. (Code 10):

Microsoft said:
Recommended resolutions

Here are some things that you can try to resolve this problem.

Update the driver

In the device Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard. Follow the instructions to update the driver.

You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver. Windows may have the driver built-in, or may still have the driver files installed from the last time that you set up the device. If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware vendor’s Web site.

View the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base

For more information about Code 10-related errors , click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

943104 Description of Code 10-related errors that Device Manager generates on Windows XP-based computers

Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37):

Microsoft said:
Recommended resolution

The driver returned a failure when it executed the DriverEntry routine. Reinstall the drivers for this device.

Uninstall and reinstall the driver

Uninstall the driver from Device Manager, and then scan for new hardware to install the driver again. You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver. Windows may have the driver built-in, or may still have the driver files installed from the last time that you set up the device. However, sometimes, it will open the New Hardware Wizard which may ask for the driver. If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware manufacturer’s Web site. On the device Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Uninstall. Follow the instructions.
Restart your computer.
Open Device Manager, click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes. Follow the instructions.

For both the devices, try reinstalling the drivers, first uninstalling them and rebooting. If this does not fix the issue, download and install the latest 7 compattible drivers.

(Intel)

Thank you for the quick reply.

But I have already tried everything suggested by you.

To be sure, I even repeated these steps but with no success.

My problem still exists.

Could you supply the link to HP or Intel where you downloaded the drivers?

Back