Windows 7 Transfer photos from a Mac HDD to a PC running Windows 7

Sprint

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and I was wondering if someone could assist me with the following problem:-
I have a HDD from a Macbook computer,the motherboard of which has died,and i would like to try and recover some jpeg photos onto my PC running Windows 7. The HDD is in a caddy and although the PC installs the drivers etc and it is listed in Device Manager, it does not show up on Explorer.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Check in disk management whether this disk has a drive letter. Without a drive letter you will not see it in Explorer. But do not reformat the disk. That would erase everything.

If nothing helps, You can use a Linux kit to copy that files. e,g, this one that I made.

I can tell you that I just did a project similar to yours for a friend and I purchased MacDrive 9 to resolve things as painlessly as possible. It worked without issue although you're likely to be a bit confused about how the data structure appears.
I was gonna use Paragon's version as it is considerably less expensive, but the MacDrive software seemed to have better reviews so I went with that.
Just thought I would share my experience with an actual project.
Good Luck

Hi,
Thanks for all your comments and help.
I chickened out and bought Paragon HFS+.
It worked perfectly and all has been transferred to a windows system.
Thanks again.
Regards
Paul

Back