I decided to use OpenDNS on my new laptop, which is Win7. Open DNS ran fine on the desktop XP. All was fine, but then I closed the browser after changing over to the Open DNS configuration. Then I could not browse anymore. So I realized after a while that the anti-virus, and the firewall could update. I think it was just an extremely slow connection, after the problems I've had since then. I took Open DNS off, and put the old settings back. Still I had trouble. So I decided it was not the Open DNS causing the problems, so I put it back on. Since then it has taken anywhere from 9-18 minutes to actually browse. I am showing that I am connected after start up. Then it is 9-18 minutes before the browser will actually load a web page. I have checked my settings, they are fine. After I do connect, the speed is fine, and connection stays on...until I restart. Then I go through this all over again. I tried connecting with no firewall, still the same thing, tried connecting turning off the av...same thing. I called my ISP, but since the desktop XP works, they will not help me unless I pay for a second tier tech to handle it. I don't have the money to get that type of help, just bought this computer, and have had vehicle work done...so no extra cash at all. I would love to get some help on this./ I guess I should add that I am connected with a modem, and no router. I have no tried yet to get a connection via wi-fi yet. The modem is not wireless. Addition...I tried nslookup and typed in just the numbers instead of the name of the url, and it worked fine. I started the computer this evening, and it said I had no internet connection even though I had the ethernet cord plugged into the computer. It finally came on and said connected, but then it took twenty minutes to load the browser page. After it is loaded, there is no trouble. I have tried going to internet explorer, internet options, connections, lan....then have automatically detect settings ticked, then tried it without it ticked...it still acts about the same.