Windows 7 Trouble installing on my new Windows 7

bawlzjackson

I just purchased my new computer from dell a couple of weeks ago. I've downloaded a program from the company ToonTrack and I cannot get the patches to install. When I run patch it starts to install then i get the 1636 error message. I am running as admin. and I've googled and tried everything I can think of. I've had trouble installing a few other programs also. But i really need this. Please help

Can you tell us what utility it is so we can check the specs?

Are you sure the download does not already contain the patches?

Do you have the capability to run the patch install as admin or in compatibility mode by right clicking?

Thank you for the reply. The download doesn't contain the patch. I'm running as admin and i tried the compatibility mode. Type of file: Application (.exe)
Description: Setup Launcher I really appreciate the help

Since you did not mention which utility it is, I can do nothing else except to advise to run as Admin. If you right click on the install utility, and select "Run as Administrator", does it help?

I'm sorry i'm confused about the utility question. I don't know what u mean by that. U mean type of file? Sorry for being computer stupid

Running as an Admin user does not give you as much authority as running an .exe file as admin. Right click the .exe file. In the context menu, there should be an option to "Run as Admin". Have you tried that?

It may not help, but if Windows will not let you run the programs, maybe they are not compatible.

Yeah i tried all of that and it is compatible. I've talked to the support from the website i downloaded the program from and i'm pretty much stuck.

Back