True full screen with Office 2016?

phantom16

I recently purchased Office 2016 and am using Word. I would like to make it full screen, but whenever I do that, the windows taskbar is still visible, and I would rather not see the taskbar (that's just another distraction for me....).

Ppi4JfviSP_isnQXJ2dhGg.jpeg
Screenshot

I don't have this problem with any other program, but it seems to be the case for all the programs in my Office 2016 Suite.
I tried looking for a solution, but I unfortunately couldn't come up with anything. Is there a solution to be had, or is Word just programmed this way?

I am just running a normal copy of Windows 10 with Office 2016

Depends on how a program calculates the screen size. The proper "full screen" is the viewable area which does not include where the taskbar is when it is always visible. If you want office applications to take up the entire screen you will need to set the taskbar to autohide.

Huh, weird. No other program behaves that way, though, so I guess it's just a quirk in MS office?

I suppose I can auto-hide the taskbar, but that's not quite what I was hoping for. I guess I will just have to do a little taskbar hiding dance every time I want to full screen MS Word then :/

e windows taskbar is still visible, and I would rather not see the taskbar (that's just another distraction for me....).
Mine does the exact same thing and this is normal. This is not a software issue but a windows 10 issue and specifically with the taskbar. Check and change your taskbar settings. Leave the "lock taskbar" ON, then turn ON the "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode". This will hide it, then if you want to access it just move your mouse down to where the taskbar "should be" and it will pop up and use it as you normally would.

Back