Windows 7 Try the new Microsoft Essentials Beta

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Get the new Essentials Beta now!

Windows 7 just got even better with new tools to organize and share photos, make movies, and keep in touch with people that matter most.

Meet the new Essentials

Windows 7 and Windows Live Essentials

Windows 7 just got even better with the best tools to organize photos, make movies and keep in touch with the people that matter most. Windows Live Essentials delivers a set of consumer applications that make life easier by simplifying activities that you perform frequently, from touching up photos and creating beautiful slide shows to connecting with friends through email, instant messaging (IM) and your social networks.
What’s more, Windows 7 and Windows Live Essentials work great together.
Windows Live Essentials refreshes the Windows 7 experience with an integrated set of free apps that include these:
  • Windows Live Mail
  • Windows Live Messenger
  • Windows Live Photo Gallery
  • Windows Live Movie Maker
  • Windows Live Sync
  • Windows Live Writer
  • Windows Live Family Safety
  • Bing Bar
Link Removed due to 404 Error

I just use the mail section of Essentials and so didn't want to use the other stuff like messenger ect.. As one can see from the screenshot though that your given the choice as usual.. I also took a shot of the new livemail (which basically gets updated). As I'm short on time i haven't really played with it a great deal but hope that the 'improvements' are exactly that....

pencil.png

I have to admit that the new livemail seems pretty funky. The only problem I encountered was that it kept asking for my details when syncing. I just deleted the old account and created a new one, problem solved! One thing I noticed is that when the emails are downloaded they are organised into obvious groups (see screenshot).. So far so good.. Has anyone else tried it yet?

I'm an avid Windows Live services user - with the new updates to their online services, it's now my base of social media experiences.
Facebook, Youtube, RSS, CNET, they're all intergrated seemlessly and displayed as a feed in my messenger, or my Windows Live Home Pahe (Link Removed - Invalid URL)

Though I must say, I liked the leaked 15.2 build better than this one, in terms of overall design.
I post some screens, but I'd have to edit too much of my friends stuff out! ;)

Just as was with Wave 3, I'm looking forward to the final release of Windows Live Essentials 2011.

I have to admit that the new livemail seems pretty funky. The only problem I encountered was that it kept asking for my details when syncing. I just deleted the old account and created a new one, problem solved! One thing I noticed is that when the emails are downloaded they are organised into obvious groups (see screenshot).. So far so good.. Has anyone else tried it yet?

You already gave the solution of this problem if anybody encountered with this. Which one is more user friendly email program gmail or this windows live program.

You already gave the solution of this problem if anybody encountered with this. Which one is more user friendly email program gmail or this windows live program.

Welcome to the forums :)

Windows Live Mail is the more user-friendly and efficient version in my opinion. Windows Live Mail has now replaced Windows Mail, which is not available by default in Windows 7.

Back
Top Bottom