Windows 7 Turn my PC to remote machine

alexander606

Hello,

I am interested in turning my PC to a remote machine (like a dedicated/rootserver) but to be able to start up and shut down my PC w/e I want remotely. Also I would like not to change my OS (windows) in order to achieve that, if it's possible of course. The whole thing has to do with my business trips (I have to travel around and change places) so I need to turn my home PCs into remote machines in order to be able to control them from my laptop. I searched a bit and I found this Home but I would like to find a way with windows.

Looking forward to your replies,
Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for answering but it seems that you don't read carefully.
I am interested in turning my PC to a remote machine (like a dedicated/rootserver) but to be able to start up and shut down my PC w/e I want remotely.
You can't start up and shutdown your PC remotely with teamviewer.

I think I read carefully enough - it is more likely the old one which goes something like, "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant" :ahaha: Teamviewer will give you remote access to a machine which which is waiting for a user logon which you can do remotely thru Teamviewer, it just needs to be powered.

If he's using teamviewer, how is he going to be able to shut the PC with the remote connection down and then, at some later time, lets say 2 hours later turn it back on. I use teamviewer a lot and I've not found a way to do that with teamviewer....not saying it's not possible, that I've not seen/heard of it being able/possible.

Depends what you mean by shutdown - you can log out of Windows and leave it waiting to be logged on again - I do that regularly. Obviously it must be connected to power.

I think he means to turn off....but as the OP hasn't replied yet....I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom