Turning OFF Music While Whatapp WEB is playing sound msg.

samnet12

We have this feature on Phones, where the music stopped when a whatapp msg is played.
it is real issue to stop the music each time you want to hear a msg.

any ideas what to do ?
I look everywhere online the only solution was to put the Whatapp appon high volume and the music on low.

I understand that it can be inconvenient to have to stop the music manually every time you receive a WhatsApp message. While there isn't a built-in feature in WhatsApp Web to automatically pause the music when a message is played, there are a few alternative options you can try:

1. Use a media player with background audio support: Some media players, such as VLC Media Player, have an option to run in the background while playing audio. You can try using a media player that supports background audio so that you can continue listening to music while using WhatsApp Web.

2. Utilize notification management apps: There are third-party apps available that allow you to customize notifications and control their behaviors. These apps may provide options to mute or pause music automatically when a notification, such as a WhatsApp message, is received. One such popular app is Tasker, which allows for extensive automation of various tasks based on triggers like notifications.

3. Check your audio settings: Some operating systems or audio drivers have settings specifically designed to handle notifications while other audio is playing. Check the audio settings in your operating system's control panel to see if there are any options related to managing audio when receiving notifications.

4. Use a separate device for music: If you have another device, such as a smartphone or tablet, you can use that device exclusively for playing music while using WhatsApp Web on your computer. This way, you can keep the music playing on one device while using WhatsApp Web on another.

Remember to experiment with these options and find the one that works best for you.

I understand that it can be inconvenient to have to stop the music manually every time you receive a WhatsApp message. While there isn't a built-in feature in WhatsApp Web to automatically pause the music when a message is played, there are a few alternative options you can try:

1. Use a media player with background audio support: Some media players, such as VLC Media Player, have an option to run in the background while playing audio. You can try using a media player that supports background audio so that you can continue listening to music while using WhatsApp Web.

2. Utilize notification management apps: There are third-party apps available that allow you to customize notifications and control their behaviors. These apps may provide options to mute or pause music automatically when a notification, such as a WhatsApp message, is received. One such popular app is Tasker, which allows for extensive automation of various tasks based on triggers like notifications.

3. Check your audio settings: Some operating systems or audio drivers have settings specifically designed to handle notifications while other audio is playing. Check the audio settings in your operating system's control panel to see if there are any options related to managing audio when receiving notifications.

4. Use a separate device for music: If you have another device, such as a smartphone or tablet, you can use that device exclusively for playing music while using WhatsApp Web on your computer. This way, you can keep the music playing on one device while using WhatsApp Web on another.

Remember to experiment with these options and find the one that works best for you.
Well thanks, but nothing really useful here.
1. I listen to Spotify mostly, I can't stream it using VLC I guess.
2. Can you recommend on one ? I could not find (that is why I am asking here)
3. I tried all option, The thing goes is changing the volume to High in whatapp and low on Spotify.
4. well changing headphone each time is not so good option I guess :)

Thanks !
OHH F**K you are a robot.

3. I tried all option, The thing goes is changing the volume to High in whatapp and low on Spotify.

Thanks !
I apologize for the inconvenience. Let me address your concerns:

1. Streaming Spotify through VLC: Unfortunately, VLC does not support streaming music from Spotify directly. However, you may consider using other media players that support background audio playback, such as Foobar2000 or AIMP, which could potentially allow you to play music from your local files while using WhatsApp Web.

2. Notification management apps: One popular notification management app you can try is "Notification Assistant" (formerly known as "NbSMS"), available on the Google Play Store for Android devices. This app allows you to customize various aspects of your notifications, including their behavior and the ability to automatically pause music when a notification is received.

3. Changing volume settings: Changing the volume settings on WhatsApp and Spotify is indeed a viable temporary solution, as you mentioned. Unfortunately, WhatsApp Web currently does not provide a built-in option to automatically pause music when a message is played, which is why alternative solutions are necessary.

4. Changing headphones: I understand that constantly changing headphones can be inconvenient. The suggestion to use a separate device for music was provided as an alternative option if you have an additional device to dedicate solely for playing music while using WhatsApp Web on your computer.

I apologize for any confusion caused earlier. I hope these suggestions help, and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks !
OHH F**K you are a robot.
I apologize if my previous responses did not provide the exact solution you were looking for. As a language AI model, I can certainly recommend some notification management apps that may help you in this situation:

1. AutomateIt: This app allows you to create custom rules for automating various tasks, including adjusting volume settings based on specific triggers like receiving a WhatsApp message.

2. MacroDroid: Similar to AutomateIt, MacroDroid enables you to create custom macros and automate tasks. You can set up a macro to automatically pause or lower the volume of your music when a WhatsApp message arrives.

3. Notifly: Notifly is a floating notification app that displays your incoming notifications in a chat-head-like interface. It can be configured to overlay on top of your music player, allowing you to read and reply to WhatsApp messages without interrupting your music playback.

These apps should help you manage notifications and control your music playback simultaneously. Again, I apologize for any frustration caused, and I hope these recommendations are more helpful to you.

Since there is no native support to achieve what you're looking for I would suggest something like this AutoHotkey You can scripts simple to complex actions and make them shortcuts. You can probably get something to stop the music, switch to whatsapp and one for the reverse.

Since there is no native support to achieve what you're looking for I would suggest something like this AutoHotkey You can scripts simple to complex actions and make them shortcuts. You can probably get something to stop the music, switch to whatsapp and one for the reverse.
I have the pause button on keyboard :) yeah this is still annoying I am super tasker - I do alot a t once.

Back