UFO floating across screen when using Internet Explorer..New winnows 8 laptop

beetle

I have recently purchased a new laptop with windows 8.When I go to internet explorer and open a website, I am often seeing a small UFO flying across the screen. It makes a sound similar to the old space invaders arcade game. Has my laptop been hacked and can I stop this? It does not occur one only one particular website. It can occur at any time. Can I stop this. I have never seen this before on previous pc's.

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

Run Malwarebytes and see if it's some kind of malware.
I've never heard of this and I can't find any other reference to it happening anyplace.

Take a look at your Extensions and see if you are running anything that could cause this.

Mike

john lecto

okay this is something.. i just got that same thing today
there are little UFO's floating around my browser screen.. no pattern at all
i have no idea what this is but its nice to know im not the only one.. ill do a scan and stay in touch

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

This is very weird, the only reference I find leads back to this post.
It seem that this isn't a common problem, which makes one wonder if it's a virus, or you're just haunted.

Mike

davehc

Essential Member
Premium Supporter
I would, in the first intstance, have a look at the add-ons (Tools - Manage Add-ons)- Scroll down the list and see if there is anything that you did not install.
The try and return IE to it's defaults. (Tools- Internet Options - Advanced - reset)

bree

Alright so I bought my computer off of a friend a few days ago and since then I've seen this UFO thing as well. As far as I know there hasn't been anything sketchy on this computer and my friend said she has never had this happen to her before when using the computer. As a side note, I'm sure it might be totally unrelated..but I was watching a video on YouTube of a supposed alien autopsy when the UFO first appeared.

Lynng

I have been getting the same thing. Weve only had this PC about 6 mos, brand new. Problem started couple weeks ago. We don't use this PC a lot for web surfing. When we do we use pretty standard sites, yahoo, airlines, researching some stuff, no gaming websites, no kids using it.

We have mccaffe, have run a full scan. Downloaded the free spybot, ran the utilities. Get the flying spaceship in Mozilla Firefox, ie & google chrome. Think we are going to have to wipe the pc & reload everything. Really sucks.

Meche4512

As already mentioned, try Malwarebytes. I had the same exact problem and had a complete rage quit for a couple hours. So far, Malwarebytes is the best solution I can think of for this situation. :)

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.