Windows 7 UK Student Download Version?

That's because you haven't got file extensions showing. Go to Folder Options and make sure they are.

It's a good idea to always have file extensions showing - not least so you know the kind of files you are dealing with.

If you are on Vista /7, type Folder Options in start search , press enter, click the View tab, untick the box that says Hide extenxions of known filetypes , Apply, ok.

Last edited:
Ok did that, and I still get the same error saying that filename does not exist. Should I reboot/?

I've been getting similar errors, after adding quotes got this error message:

C:\Windows\system32>Oscdimg.exe -u2 -b"C:\Users\Jamez\Desktop\expandedSetup\boot
\etfsboot.com" -h "C:\Users\Jamez\Desktop\expandedSetup" C:\WIN7.ISO
OSCDIMG 2.54 CD-ROM and DVD-ROM Premastering Utility
Copyright (C) Microsoft, 1993-2007. All rights reserved.
Licensed only for producing Microsoft authorized content.

ERROR: Could not delete existing file "ûbC:\Users\Jamez\Desktop\expandedSetup\bo
ot\etfsboot.com"
Error 123: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
C:\Windows\system32>

û should not be there, so i figured there was an error in the process of copying text. so i just typed the whole thing out by hand and it worked perfectly, give that a go.

OK so I tried doing this with similar syntax but I seem to have a problem.

My windows 7 extendedSetup file is in my D:\ drive and I can't put it on C:\ because I do not have enough space to do so. Is there any way at all to alter that command to redirect it to where it is saved on my D:\ drive?????

Yes of course.

Press shift and rt click the expandedsetup folder - select copy as path - post the path here.

I will post the command back for you.

Hi SIW

I has the same problem. I've downloaded the Oscdimg, unzipped it, and put it in system 2.

Then went to command and put in

Oscdimg.exe -u2 -b"C:\Users\William\Desktop\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com" -h "C:\Users\William\Desktop\expandedSetup" C:\WIN7.ISO

I then get a error message Window saying - C:\Users\William\Oscdimg.exe is not a valid win32 application

Any ideas?

William

Couldn't you have made it any longer ? LOL

That's not a good place. Copy or move the entire expandedsetup folder onto the root of D:

So you have this path:

D:\expandedSetup

How much free space do you have on C and D?

Hi SIW

I has the same problem. I've downloaded the Oscdimg, unzipped it, and put it in system 2.

Then went to command and put in

Oscdimg.exe -u2 -b"C:\Users\William\Desktop\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com" -h "C:\Users\William\Desktop\expandedSetup" C:\WIN7.ISO

I then get a error message Window saying - C:\Users\William\Oscdimg.exe is not a valid win32 application

Any ideas?

William

small o for oscdimg.exe

Couldn't you have made it any longer ? LOL

That's not a good place. Copy or move the entire expandedsetup folder onto the root of D:

So you have this path:

D:\expandedSetup

How much free space do you have on C and D?

Haha yeah my path names do get a little ridiculous but I can remember them.

I have 2.91 GB free on C:\ and 303 GB free on D:\. I should also note that D:\ is a slave drive to C:\ if that makes a difference.

And I copied the files to D:\ so the path name is now D:\expandedSetup

William,

I was kidding - capitals make no diff in command prompt.

Go find oscdimg.exe in System 32 - make sure it's there.

Last edited:
I put in the command: oscdimg.exe -u2 -bC:\etfsboot.com -h D:\expandedSetup D:\WIN7.ISO

to give it a stab and experiement and it is currently copying something which is 80% complete. Did I put it in right?

I should also note that I copied the etfsboot.com file into the C:\ which would explain the C:\ part of the command.

Ako,

Oscdimg.exe –u2 –bD:\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com –h D:\expandedSetup D:\WIN7.ISO

Nice easy one.

Can you make a bit more space on C before you start - for the temp file - clear some restore points - run diskcleanup - or move a gig or two over to a folder on D somewhere.

Ako,

Oscdimg.exe –u2 –bD:\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com –h D:\expandedSetup D:\WIN7.ISO

Nice easy one.

Can you make a bit more space on C before you start - for the temp file - clear some restore points - run diskcleanup - or move a gig or two over to a folder on D somewhere.

Cool I think that would give me the same results as my command which is nice. Thanks so much!

I plan on partitioning my hard drive on the Windows 7 install to give ALOT more space to C:\ when I install. Is this a good idea?

Also, to make this a bootable dvd I just have to run MagicISO at this point correct?

When you have the .iso - burn as an image with any isoburner.

Up to you how you partition . I have all my o/s on small partitions - 30gb or so. I keep data on a different partition.

Everyone does it differently.

Back
Top Bottom