Windows 7 Unable to connect wirelessly after upgrading

zeppelinsfallin

Ok so I'm having a problem connecting to a wireless connection that I had no problem connecting to while I was using Vista Home Premium 64 bit edition. I just upgraded to 7 Home Premium 64 bit edition yesterday.

My problem goes like this, I find the router and type in the encryption key and it connects. Then it tells me that the connection was unsuccessful. This computer currently has limited connectivity to linksys. So I click Troubleshoot problems.

It then tells me some repairs require administrator permissions. Says that Problems found. Says There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter. So I click on Try these repairs as an administrator.

The next screen says The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems. Windows Help and Support can provide more information about resolving driver or hardware issues. So I click Next.

Next screen says Troubleshooting has completed
Troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix all the issues found. You can find more details below.
Still says Problems found, There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter, says Detected with a triangle with the exclamation mark. So I click Explore additional options.

I get a screen for Search Help and Support, Get help from a friend, Recovery, and Online Support.

Any suggestions would be nice, or if anyone has experienced this first hand with some resolve would be nice, thank you very much!:p

I assume what u are saying is that W7 is installed on the computer with the wireless connection.

That dirty little "!" mostly indicates it is a driver issue.

I would uninstall the driver, then reinstall it.
If that doesn't do it go looking for a W7 driver. A Vista driver should work.
I actually have some XP video drivers that are working.
I am surprised that W7 didn't go find a new driver itself. Mine did for the LAN adapter.

happy hunting

Back