mikaylex

I've been using Windows 7 for a few months with no issues at all. However, in the last week or two, I've been experiencing the BSoD quite regularly (5 times in the last two week). It has generally been fine after I restarted it.

Today, I tried to open an application (Photoscape) which I have recently installed, but previously used with no problems at all, but the application wouldn't load. I checked Task Manager which indicated that it was open as a process, sometimes in the multiples. I have been unable to uninstall this program, or delete it's folder in Program Files.

After trying a system restore, my computer went a little crazy and it kept landing me back in safe mode. It seems to be exactly back where I've left it, but now, Systems Restore will not load on my computer either. After I've tried to select it, I can't highlight or select anything in the Window's start bar or any other programs. I'm currently running a virus scan with Kaspersky in hopes that it will pick up something.

Do you have any suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks.

Solution
It sounds like you are encountering multiple issues on your Windows 7 system, including frequent Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) errors, problems with opening an application (Photoscape), difficulties with uninstalling programs, and issues with System Restore not working properly. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot these issues:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Blue Screen of Death (BSoD):
    • Check for Hardware Issues: Sometimes BSoD errors can be caused by faulty hardware. Ensure all your hardware components are properly connected and functioning correctly.
    • Update Drivers: Outdated or incompatible drivers can also cause BSoD errors. Update your drivers, especially graphics and chipset drivers...
It sounds like you are encountering multiple issues on your Windows 7 system, including frequent Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) errors, problems with opening an application (Photoscape), difficulties with uninstalling programs, and issues with System Restore not working properly. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot these issues:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Blue Screen of Death (BSoD):
    • Check for Hardware Issues: Sometimes BSoD errors can be caused by faulty hardware. Ensure all your hardware components are properly connected and functioning correctly.
    • Update Drivers: Outdated or incompatible drivers can also cause BSoD errors. Update your drivers, especially graphics and chipset drivers.
    • Check for Software Conflicts: Uninstall recently installed software that might be causing conflicts.
    • Run Windows Memory Diagnostic: This tool can help identify memory-related issues.
    []Photoscape Application:
    • Kill the Process: In Task Manager, end the Photoscape process. Right-click on it and select "End Task."
    • Uninstall Photoscape: If you cannot uninstall it normally, you can try using a third-party uninstaller tool like Revo Uninstaller.
    • Manually Delete Photoscape Files: After uninstalling, manually delete any remaining files or folders related to Photoscape.
    [
    ]System Restore Issues:
    • Check System Restore Settings: Ensure System Restore is enabled for your system drive.
    • Run System File Checker (SFC): Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run sfc /scannow to check for and repair corrupted system files.
    • Check Disk for Errors: Run a disk check to fix any possible disk errors.
    []Virus Scan:
    • Complete the Virus Scan: Let Kaspersky complete its scan to check for any malware or viruses that might be causing these issues.
    [
    ]Additional Steps:
    • Check for Windows Updates: Ensure your Windows 7 system is up to date with the latest updates from Microsoft.
    • Backup Important Data: If possible, back up your important files and data to prevent any data loss.

Summary:​

These steps should help you troubleshoot the issues you are facing with your Windows 7 system. It's important to address each problem methodically to identify and resolve the root cause of these issues. If the problems persist, consider seeking help from a professional technician or upgrading to a more recent version of Windows for enhanced security and support.

Solution
Back