Windows 7 Unattend.xml - Set Network Location

PCLAB

Has anyone built a successful unattend.xml answer file yet using Windows System Image Manager? By successful I mean run all the way through the oobe, installing drivers per machine…
I cannot get past the "Set NetworkLocation", it stops here every time. I tried using all three options, and I tried a reghack I found that supposedly fixed this problem in Vista. It didn't work.
Create a new Registry key (without any value) called NewNetworkWindowOff in:
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\NewNetworkWindowOff
I have been using sysprep with the sysprep.inf file in the past for my XP images. I was hoping to get this to work and use HISS to install the needed drivers.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
:confused:

unattend

I have this same issue for weeks now and its the only part of my unattended install that does not work. Come to find out there is an issue that microsoft has reported and there is no fix for it yet :(

Windows 7 Installation and Upgrade

I was able to get the Set Network Location to work. If you are following the step-by-step instruction from Technet for creating a basic unattended answer file they tell you to add Component Deployment\Reseal to pass 7 and change the Mode setting to Audit.

When I removed this Component it worked.

You have to remove the reseal, you do not need it. i am also using sysprep. Below is the command line i am using.
c:\windows\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /generalize /oobe /unattend:c:\unattend.xml

The bold ones are the only switches i am using.

ahhh your using sysprep yes I can get that to work as well. I am tring to stay as far away from usig sysprep as I can

I thought that was the whole point of just using WDS and an unattended install file? No guid would ever be created until the image is deployed to the system.

I am finding it harder and harder to do things with out using sysprep though. It\s hard to install applications over a network share and this is one of my last tasks. Everything is working ok!

Back