Windows 10 Uninstall Avast Antivirus

johnpeter70

Can anyone tell me How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus in Windows 10 completely. I searched on google about this problem but couldn't get proper solution. Need a perfect solution to uninstall it completely.

Avast Uninstall Utility works and is available from Avast. Look for 'aswClear' uninstall utility. It cleans files, directories, and registry entries.

After reading an article https://antivirus-review.com/compare/totalav-vs-avast and looking for some "is Total AV better than Avast" info I can say that it is a good decision to delete this antivirus.
The site you referred to is "upping" those products that pay them more...
They are just as trustworthy as any advertising is! There is no relevance to actual performance or anything other than the amount of money that is payed to them...

These sites are designed to fool you.....

I ended up with it on both my own and my wife's computer because I wasn't careful enough to make sure I unchecked all those boxes when downloading something unrelated.

It was a bear to get rid of, but I did finally get rid of it by using Revo Uninstaller which removes the registry entries, etc., and then I used Agent Ransack to search my computer for anything that said "Avast" and deleted those too.

I use Malwarebytes for my antivirus along with Windows Defender and haven't had a problem in 10 years.
I like Malwarebytes because it doesn't affect the performance of my computer and really does catch stuff before it gets in.

I would just be cautious with removal tools. Technically speaking anything can be removed manually, but there are plenty of things that by removing them you can cause other Windows components to stop working.

Can anyone tell me How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus in Windows 10 completely. I searched on google about this problem but couldn't get proper solution. Need a perfect solution to uninstall it completely.
I faced the same problem earlier. There is a exe called avast uninstaller. You can uninstall avast by that.

Avast from the Czech republic is really not needed with Windows 10 20H2. Use system restore or recover an image like macrium to get back to normal.
Auto app removers are apt to drop files so avoid them even the highly touted Revo.
MBAM free a stand alone you run on occasion with Defender is ample. if you want a flash drive with another opinion Google Emsisoft portable and download and install to a flash drive. Just update and click to run once installed.
We all are spending $ needlessly on third parties.

Even though Avast is one of my favorite antivirus products, there have been times when I've needed to uninstall or remove it. and also you can Voicemod is not a malware or a virus you can easily and completely uninstall this app from your computer by following the same

Last edited by a moderator:
Back