Windows 7 Uninstalling Programs in windows 7

ryro70

I am trying to uninstall programs and it will not allow me to. Each time I try I get a message stating the system administrator has set paramiters to stop this. I am the system administrator its my home pc. Can anyone help me out. I also can not download any updates for itunes. I get a message about windows installer service could not be accessed. Any help with these issues is greatly appreciated.

First try making sure the Windows Installer servise is running - goto programs, accessories, right click on command prompt and "run as administrator". Enter the commands:

msiexec.exe /unregister

msiexec /regserver

Pat I did as you instructed and nothing happened for either command. I tried uninstalling itunes after doing this and still got the following message: Windows installer service could not be accessed. I have no idea why I am all of a sudden unable to uninstall any programs. Any further help you or anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Troubleshooting a problem with Windows Installer can get quite involved and it may be that the problem has just arisen out of some recent change and a system restore may be the easiest way out. Can you try running a system restore to some date which is before the first occurrence of the problem?

Back