Windows 7 Up a folder button in Windows Explorer?

Kylethedarkn

I really liked the up a folder shortcut in Xp and Vista but in Se7en you have to click on the next folder up's name in the address bar. Is there anyway to add the up a folder shortcut button?

Not that I know of, I just click on the folder I want to go up to on the address bar now. It took me a little while to get used to that but it doesn't bother me at all anymore.

Not that I know of, I just click on the folder I want to go up to on the address bar now. It took me a little while to get used to that but it doesn't bother me at all anymore.

Yeahs its not too bad unless I'm in a crazy maze like Stuff>Newfolder>bananas>bananas>crazy>new folder>new folder> new folder Then I'm like how do I go up one. XD

Yeahs its not too bad unless I'm in a crazy maze like Stuff>Newfolder>bananas>bananas>crazy>new folder>new folder> new folder Then I'm like how do I go up one. XD

you could always just click the folder before in the address bar.

thanks for that shortcut tho!

I miss that button too...
Why they don't give the option to add it?!
I think, maybe, when they were redesigning 7, they felt that the address bar alternative (Swvr3e's comment) was neater. It is probably a matter of taste, but I prefer the new method.

I love the new "Breadcrumbs" address bar. As soon as I discovered it in Vista I started looking for a way to add it to XP, which I was using at the time. I finally found a way.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Now I couldn't live without it.

However the left pane in Windows Explorer is awesome too.

Alt+Up does the same thing as clicking on the previous item in the breadcrumb bar. My issue is when the previous item in the breadcrumb bar isn't the the folder up from where I am. Does anyone know how to go up a folder when this is the case?

I discovered ClassicShell. Not only does it offer the "Up" button, but a plethora of other features and it is freeware. I have only used it for one day but from the looks and ease of use... I'm pleased.

Trainingwheels

Back