Windows 8 USB 3 problems

Lester

Honorable Member
I have an IBuyPower computer with a Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H motherboard, and i5 CPU and 8 GB of memory. I replaced the motherboard a while ago, because it started rebooting every couple of seconds. It worked fine for a while after I replaced the motherboard, then the USB 3 stopped working. I discovered that all I needed to do was go into the setup and save and exit to make it work again. It will work for a few days, then quit again. So I go into the setup and resave it, and it's fine again. For a while - like a few days or a week.

This gets tiresome after a while. Any thoughts on what I could do for a permanent fix? I bought the motherboard at NewEgg

BTW, I'm running Windows 8.1, with the newest updates.

Just a suggestion but perhaps first, determine which Rev. Number your board is (it's usually printed either on the board itself or on the documentation that came with the board).
Then go here http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4150#dl
That link is for Revision 1.0, if your board is 1.1 or 1.2 then select the appropriate link at the top of that page.
Check for a BIOS update, I noticed that one of the more recent ones addresses USB compatibility.
Additionally check your other drivers while there to confirm you are using the latest, especially chipset(s).

Just a suggestion but perhaps first, determine which Rev. Number your board is (it's usually printed either on the board itself or on the documentation that came with the board).
Then go here http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4150#dl
That link is for Revision 1.0, if your board is 1.1 or 1.2 then select the appropriate link at the top of that page.
Check for a BIOS update, I noticed that one of the more recent ones addresses USB compatibility.
Additionally check your other drivers while there to confirm you are using the latest, especially chipset(s).
The latest bios on the site is F15, which is the one my board is running. I've got Rev 1.2. But I'll try the drivers, since I'm still using the drivers for my old 1.0 board. But I don't see a USB driver update. Maybe that's included in the chipset.

Good. Updated drivers tend to solve problems. Curious, but lately I've run into power supplu issues others have recently. Should your reboot issues return, consider checking your power supply as it may be either failing or supplying intermittently and in either case needs to be replaced.

Back
Top Bottom