Windows 7 Very Random BSOD, new PC.

Andyz

I almost give up on this new rig. Already change HDD, RAM and now just bought a new Mobo for testing. Still bsod even after reinstalling win7 several times.

Thing is, this happens very randomly. Sometimes it happens as soon as I enter windows, and frequent. But after few restarts it could go on doing everything without any error. For few days it could run flawlessly. Tried few torture program out there none could reproduce the bsod.

I attached 3 of my latest bsod dmp file, hope you guys can help. thanks.:D

Attachments

• spd.JPG
    spd.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 384
  • mem.JPG
    mem.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 349
  • New folder.rar
    67.9 KB · Views: 202
I did clean install ZA. in fact I did fresh install everything on my new HDD that just arrived.

But I still encountered 2 BSOD this morning. Please help.:)

View attachment 10149

Uninstall VirtualCloneDrive, delete C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ElbyCDIO.sys then reboot, and follow my signature, which I have dedicated space to for a reason.

I uninstall virtual clone but I cannot find the file you mentioned in c:\Windows\System32\drivers. Triple check for that elby file couldn't find it, probably the uninstaller delete it.

As you requested I attached my cpu-z ss.

Attachments

• mem.JPG
    mem.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 377
  • spd.JPG
    spd.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 359
Sorry for double post. I just got another one. You might want to look at the dmp file. Thanks.

Attachments

• 122610-25771-01.rar
    21.2 KB · Views: 206
Code:
fffff880`02c68000 fffff880`02c72000   ElbyCDIO.sys
    Timestamp: unavailable (00000000)
    Checksum:  00000000
    ImageSize:  0000A000
fffff880`04066000 fffff880`04075000   VClone.sys
    Timestamp: unavailable (00000000)
    Checksum:  00000000

Thank you for your reply. But will your reply be different if I said I also encounter BSOD in safe mode? And after that my win 7 seems to be breaking apart. Gadgets stop working, and firefox restarts alot, also microsoft explorer stops working few times.

I'll reinstall windows and see if this problem occur without ZoneAlarm and VirtualCLone.:-$

Attachments

• 122610-20139-01.rar
    20.4 KB · Views: 170
Hi, it's me again. Yesterday I went to the store and they are kind enough to lend me a copy of their win7 x86 home ed. Just in case if my win 7 copy is bad. I installed it and already having bsod even with recent and correct driver. I haven't installed anything, no VirtualClone no ZoneAlarm. It's still clean, fresh from install.

Shutting down for shower and dinner and I already cannot get it to startup. I even need to resort to win restore to startup. I hope you can help. The hardware is still the same so I omitted cpu-z ss.

Please help.;)

Attachments

• minidump.rar
    53.7 KB · Views: 203
Yup, sorry about not replying sooner. I went to before and then got sidetracked.

The memory is bad in your machine. Replace all of it entirely with a new matching set, for easiest and most reliable fix.

Good luck.

Thank you for your help, TorrentG. :D

I borrowed my friend's RAM which has the same spec but only 2 GB for testing. It's been few hours and everything seems fine. The system is stable and more importantly no BSOD.

I hope this solves the problem for good.

You don't need hope. I already gave you my guarantee.

Enjoy your new hardware purchase or RMA of old RAM.

You're welcome.

Back