Windows 10 Very small problem with login

DigDugFighter

The spinning circle left of Welcome after typing password is invisible. Still a space for it, it's just invisible. Anyone know how to correct it? It came back once but gone again, lol. I tried changing lock screen wallpaper and other lock screen settings. :(

I was trying to fix a very annoying PC freeze when using web browser. (turned out to be Avast and had to repair it.) Now, this is the only problem left. It's very small but really weird.

That animation is stored in a system resource, so you may have corruption. I would run the following.
  • Open an elevated command prompt (click start, type cmd, right click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run As Administrator")
  • Type sfc /scannow
  • Run dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
  • Also run chkdsk /r /f press y to accept running at next start up and reboot your computer (be prepared to wait a couple hours)

If neemo's suggestions don't work, you could also try to use W10 built-in System Restore and roll-back your system to a point in time prior to both the browser problem and the spinner not working. Make certain you've backed up all your personal data (Library Folders) to external media first before attempting the Restore to avoid irretrievable Data Loss!!!

From there, you can uninstall/reinstall your avast or 3rd party browser if either of those continue to misbehave after the restore.

Best of luck to you,:encouragement::cool2:

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back
Top Bottom