virtualisation, Not sure if in right place

I just got a different laptop, this laptop has Intel Core i3 CPU. I am almost done with a Desktop Computer with used parts and I have to wait until the third of
June,that is when I get paid, it will have a motherboard with an Intel Core 2 Quad. I actually have 2 questions, first is, Azure will work with the Intel Core 2 Quad
do I understand correctly? My other question is, Will Azure work on the laptop as well? I will install Windows XP on both computers and then install the games I like to play. The games won't work under Windows 10.

Mike

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Will Azure work on the laptop as well?
If you mean logging into Microsoft Azure from a web browser yes,

If you mean hosting a virtual machine on a i3 - it would probably be slow.

I will install Windows XP on both computers and then install the games I like to play. The games won't work under Windows 10.
Support for XP ended in 2014. While I'm sure you can run it, I don't really understand why you would do this to play video games.

Thank you.

ussnorway

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Azure will not install but you can use Hyper-v which comes free with Windows 10 pro
an I3 chip is fine for V-hosting... its worth double checking that the laptop you want to buy can in fact run a hypervisor... its a setting in the motherboard and not all laptops have it