Windows Vista Vista Locks up

I'm having this exact same problem, but I am having NO high temps....

Intel E6600 @ 3.4GHz (never gets above 45C, is usually around 30C when it freezes)
G.Skill HZ ram
Sound Blaster Audigy 2
Nvidia 8800GTX

I also get the sound distortion, mainly when I'm in Crysis
videos also make me crash alot it seems....but other times it will just lock up randomly, i have NO clue what is causing it

I'm having this exact same problem, but I am having NO high temps....

Intel E6600 @ 3.4GHz (never gets above 45C, is usually around 30C when it freezes)
G.Skill HZ ram
Sound Blaster Audigy 2
Nvidia 8800GTX

I also get the sound distortion, mainly when I'm in Crysis
videos also make me crash alot it seems....but other times it will just lock up randomly, i have NO clue what is causing it

forgot to put in asus p5n32-e....

ive got all the latest drivers as well

You don't say 'which' drivers you use (I'm presuming the 169.25s as they are the latest whql).. But as you mentioned Crysis, try the 169.44s as they were written for Crysis 1.2 (patched version). You could also try different drivers to the above if the ones mentioned don't fix the problem. Here's a page of drivers for vista:
download from Guru3D.com

I'm currently using the 174.44 betas as they're stable and very fast...:cool:

You also mention temps aren't a problem but only gave your chip figures. With a chip over 3GHz your Northbridge is going to be pretty warm too (very warm in fact). Usually they're rated to go pretty high but just check it out if you can. A utility like speedfan or sandra will help you to obtain the temps.
You could also try replacing the sound drivers to ones modified by 'Daniel' See here:
http://winvistaforums.com/windows-vista-multimedia/12274-creative-drivers-vista.html

im using the 169.25 drivers...i might try out the beta drivers and see how they work, and thanks for the creative drivers =p....

right now my temps are
core#1 24C
core#2 23C
Mainbord 27C

GFX 53C

I've got fans galore, and one right next to the northbridge...but which temp in speedfan is the northbridge temp?

It's not faulty RAM, outdated drivers, heat or anything else all these well meaning helpers have posted. The simple fact is the 8800 series cards were not 100% when NVIDIA released them and now everyone who shelled out the high $$ for them is screwed. I fought my 8800GTDX setup on a water cooled machine for 1.5 years 3/07 to 8/08 and then replaced them with the 280's. Not one single lockup, NVLDDMKM or weird thing since.

Have gotten no where with NVIDIA or XFX on reimbursement for the POS cards they sold. I guess it's time to hire a lawyer.

Hmm... I know there were batches of bad cards as well as the recent debacle concerning 8series mobile chips but for me it's been one of the best cards I've ever bought..

I have the same problem my pc locks up randomly.

My PC
Intel P4 3.00 ghz (overclocked)
ECS RS400-A motherboard with built in ATI Radeon Xpress 200 and ac97 soundcard
Maxtor 250gb (8gb cash)
Kingston DDR2 pc2-6400 800mhz 2gb ram
ATI Radeon HD 4650 1gb DDR2

I am using a 32' SAMSUNG 1080i tv as a moniter

I built my computer for gaming and my GPU must have DX 10.1 and Vista to run. I have put over 4,000 $ in to my computer in parts alone.

Just typing this my pc has locked up 4 times
I have tryed everything to fix it. from reg cleaners to bios editers nothing works.
help.
Link Removed - Invalid URL

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dakoda1994
[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom