Windows Vista Vista Reboot Loop

Steven20

Anytime I restart by clicking restart on the start menu or when a program wants to restart, vista will reboot and and just loop in a reboot mode constantly until I press the power button on my computer and turn in off that way and then when I turn it back on it's fine and boots into windows. Usually I just tell the comp to shutdown and then press the power buttton to turn it back on but this gets tiresome some times. Does anyone have any suggestions?

No thats not it, it wasn't becuase of an update it does it the moment after I install Vista and if an app wants to restart or I click retsart, vista shuts down and reboots the comp but right before displaying the loading page it will reboot the computer again and agin and agin unless i press the power buttton and shutdown that way and then power it back up. I have to click shutdown or tell an app not to restart the computer to avoid the problem

Have you tried using the 'Repair' function utilising the os disk?

If I remember right I had that same problem with win98 one time but I can't remember what it was....I'm gettin' old. :frown:

If I remember right I had that same problem with win98 one time but I can't remember what it was....I'm gettin' old. :frown:
AGOO299_.gif
Hey, he doesn't say what he's using, could be that bad......

I am using Vista Ultimate but also tried Vista Home Premium and had the same issue. I have a compaq EVO with 1.5 GB,40 GB HDD,Nvidia Geforce 550 FX GPU card,Sound Blaster Audigy, Lit-ON DVD/CD Burner,Pentium 4 @ 2.4 Ghz Processor

Hi!!! This is a real good one..... Things that can cause endless rebooting: Overheating, spyware/virus/adware, PSU, VideoCard, Conflicting Software-running in the background. (I've heard of some new internal card reader causing endless rebooting- but can't confirm). Possible virus maybe, with the two different type installs- unusual. I've even thought about insufficient RAM causing endless rebooting, it kills a lot of XP memory. But it wouldn't have these symptoms. (Compaq Evo, runs hot, hard to install Vista). Have you talked to HP Total Care?

I found this page after a 'google':
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Back