Windows 7 W 7 restart/reboot

Sidam

W 7 all updates. Raid 1 2x2TB, Windows disk image backup, Acronis full disc back up.
No reboot/start. Restored system based on Windows disk image backup, Acronis full disc back up. Still no reboot/restart in W7. Would reboot in safe mode (w or w/o networking). System works in safe mode with diminished capabilities. Tried restore previous date – it works until next re-start. Tried reinstalling W7 from scratch (no updates). Still to reboot/restart. Welcome ideas (apart of tossing everything out (my last idea) Thank you, Sidam

Do you mean there is no restart button or that you click restart and it does not restart?

After password, W 7 is frozen at welcome screen. I’ attached that screen shot as well as the safe mode w networking screen shot. Thank you for your question

Attachments

• 4FC06A92-2AA3-436C-938C-C023D204CD9F.jpeg
    4FC06A92-2AA3-436C-938C-C023D204CD9F.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 377
  • E0B21AD5-00B2-4F06-91CF-608FAF1ED031.jpeg
    E0B21AD5-00B2-4F06-91CF-608FAF1ED031.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 342
Boot into safe mode and from a command prompt run sfc /scannow after that finishes run chkdsk C: /R, reboot and let that finish and test. Other options temporiarly disable any AV products and see if it boots and I'd also try creating another user and see if that user will can login.

Done all that (sfo, chldsk several times). Created new account, disabled AV. Same result in restart/reboot. Windows Help and Support keeps popping up at any safe mode start up regardless which user is chosen. Again restor to previous time does not work anymore. System image restore gets to the same “result”. Running out of viable actions

Done all that (sfo, chldsk several times). Created new account, disabled AV. Same result in restart/reboot. Windows Help and Support keeps popping up at any safe mode start up regardless which user is chosen. Again restor to previous time does not work anymore. System image restore gets to the same “result”. Running out of viable actions

I would definitely do a clean install (install again) after backing up important files. Consider how much time you have already spent trying different solutions. Time is precious.

Gave up RAID, deleted everything, reformatted disks - will start from the begining. Wonder whether to use a W10 copy I downloaded back in 2015 - Your thoughts?

Hm..
When it does boot into save mode, you did run all tests in save mode didn't you, and it does not boot into normal mode, it may well be a driver issue.
I would go to the webpage of the manufacturer of your PC and download all available drivers and set them aside. You can install them later in save mode.
Just a thought..

Back