Windows 7 Weird network symbol

dwolves

Hello everyone.

Maybe it started yesterday when I got a black screen when the computer started. I waited for a while and I finally was able to enter.
I have a problem with my network, apparently.
Please look at the picture I joined to this post.
Today I tried to log in to Windows Live Messenger and I couldn't, it freezes every time I try to log in.
I don't have access to the shared files I have on my other computers, through my personal home network.
I can open Skype but it will not connect. I cannot open Norton Antivirus. I ran an online virus scan.
I can't do anything. I need you help, please.
I tried to open the control panel and I got this error :
1727, 0x06BF, The remote procedure call failed and did not execute.
I can't open any folder.
I'd like to restore the system...I don't know what happened. I didn't do anything wrong.
Last night, I just shut down the computer I worked perfectly. This morning I wake up and nothing is working...I don't understand.

Thanks again for helping me. :(

EDIT: I tried to start the computer in "Safe mode" and all the problems disappeared. I'm running a Norton Antivirus Scan, just in case. The online scan just found a "cookie atlas". I don't think it was what's caused all this.

Attachments

• Problem.jpg
    Problem.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 536
Last edited:
Here is a link to a thread from another member who was having similar issues, take a look, I think she used a system restore point to resolve her issues, because I believe she picked an optional driver update which seems to have cause the problem maybe this will help
http://windows7forums.com/windows-7...n-showing-red-x-even-though-im-connected.html

Thank you very much for your answer Trouble
I decided to restore the system too. It worked perfectly.
It seemed to be the best solution.

Thanks again :)

Good to know and thanks for posting back and telling us what you did to resolve your issue.

Back