Welcome Startup Screen

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Blakejake, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Blakejake

Blakejake New Member

*Info:
    - Laptop HP 2730p
    - Win7 Professional x64
    - Unmodified Hardware
    *Additional Info:
    - 2 User Account
    - After using Windows Cleaner in Revo Uninstaller
    - After uninstalling SRS Audio Sandbox
    *Problems:
    - When logging in as User 2, stuck at welcome screen for about 15min, with either Normal and Safe Mode (normally just 30 sec. at Welcome Screen), with HDD LED Active
    - Force shutdown with power switch, right after the laptop die the HDD make some weird noise
    - After the desktop show up, when starting 3rd party program (ex:TU2011,CCleaner) take 5min to start
    - CTRL+Alt+Del / Win Task Manager works fine
    - When logging as user 1, everything works fine
    *Questions
    - What's wrong ?
    - What i must and musn't do with this ?

2. patcooke

patcooke Microsoft MVP
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Have a look in startup and see if anything unusual i listed there. Also examine task manager to see if anything is running which i consuming high cpu.

1 person likes this.
  3. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Are you aware of the type of activity User 2 has been up to? Anything that might have gotten something downloaded that could cause the problem?

Are they both User/Admin accounts?

Can you remove the second (bad) user?

1 person likes this.
  4. Blakejake

Blakejake New Member

patcooke - nothing unusual listed in startup, but in task manager, the highest consuming cpu program is windows explorer (even i'm not using winexplorer), is this normal ? thanks for your reply i just delete the User 2, but the highest consuming cpu problem still occur, is this NORMAL ?

Saltgrass - only using User 2 for running some emulator games, Photoshop, AIMP and nothing downloaded since last month (offline update for the AV). and yes both of them are admin, is this bad ?. i do remove the User 2, but i made User 3 before removing it.

here comes another problem _ User 3 works fine until i restart, then the machine start with repair system or normal start boot dialog, at first i choose repair but it says "cannot repair automatically" so i choose normal start and pressed F8 -> start windows using last known good configuration -> choose User 3 -> running emulator -> restart machine -> "Shutting Down" screen about 20min -> Hard Reset -> Turn on again -> notice active action center dialog to turning on Windows Firewall -> but i CANNOT turn it on with " ERROR CODE 0x80070422 (if i remember).

Again please :
    - What's wrong ?
    - What i must and musn't do with this ?