Windows 10 Welcome to Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation

Hello Mike. You wrote :
Hello, this is a new forum that has become publicly available and is designed for use on July 29th, 2015.

Not much has happened since then. What is the story here ? Is this a dud ?

Have a great summer. JP.
Not much has happened since then? Well most home users upgraded to Windows 10 and stopped using IE11, so thats one thing that happened.. Also... if you entered the insider program and you did Skip Ahead or any ring you're going to have to wait until the next official build is released or attempt to roll back the installation with recovery options within 10 days. Here is a link to the media creation toolkit to reinstall Windows 10 or get the official boot media:

May I also suggest that your friend back up their computer system so if their HDD fails they can recover from backup. Best of luck. Have a great summer.

Mike, hello.
What I had in mind was that contrary to the spread of W-10, this site does not have that many interventions as compared to the defunct Windows Secrets that merged with another site, great loss. The first input here, by you, was in July 2015. Since then, there are about 20 messages. On Secrets, we would get this many in a morning or afternoon.
I am replying to you on an 8.1 machine, my other 5 machines run W-10 Insiders 18932, the latest, I believe. So, great things are happening on the W-10 realm. My correction.
As to the lost HDD, let me say that this user is beyond learning, the binary world escapes him. In my procedure, I do clones at least monthly if not twice a month. I use Acronis and had to revert a few times in the last 6 to 7 years. What an escape. Also, it is much quicker to clone a machine rather than having it D/L a new version. All my W-10 machines suffer my clones.
We are having fun, are we not ? A great day to you. I am leaving to go fly-fishing for a few trout for supper. JP.

Hello all. Which activator activate windows 10 or 8.1 that it work minimum 1 year? Thanks
If you need OEM activator you can find it in several sites, Amazon or Cdiscount...ect, for me i prefere codekey-activation dote com, is the cheapest one. It works for lifetime.

If you want retail activator you need to buy it from Microsoft directly, but it is so expencive.

Envoyé de mon SM-J810F en utilisant Tapatalk

I turned laptop on this evening and BANG!... Windows Updates is downloading Win10. First it says: Getting system files. Then it checks that ur machine meets the hardware specifications. Lastly it says: Downloading Windows 10, 2735 megabytes... I am happy and a bit nervous at the same time. Happy cuz it's been a looooong wait, nervous cuz my Windows 8.1 is working perfectly, just how i like it and im worried Win10 will have bugs & be un-stable...or that i'm not able to get back Windows 8.1 even with a 'system Image'.

Will anyone else wait a few weeks/months and not let Windows Updates download Windows 10? Or will u guys just trust in Uncle Microsoft and dive right in to the latest that its got to offer... ??
Trying to come up with a reasonable answer at this particular point in time is almost impossible. If it were a normal day, perhaps the process would proceed normally, but because of the probable load on the Servers, it might take longer than you would expect to get even parts of the process completed.

From what I have been seeing, they have not yet turned on the upgrade install. Perhaps 11 am Pacific time might bring us some news...

And Dipin, if you had the install.esd file it is fairly complicated to change it into an .iso. Windows 10 does have an option for downloading from another system on your LAN. Whether it will be able to do that might depend on whether you are upgrading both systems at the same time, which I choose not to do.

I also have this same question, if someone has a solution, please tell me
If you are going to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7,i don't know if Microsoft still supports free Windows computer upgrades. After all, it ’s been a long time since January 14th.
But it doesn't matter,you'd visit Microsoft or create a Windows 10 installation disk.

HI MIKE WY ? Windows 10 and stopped using IE11, so thats one thing that happened.. Is This Throw Enough? SFC.

REGARDS RAPAAJA

If you are going to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7,i don't know if Microsoft still supports free Windows computer upgrades. After all, it ’s been a long time since January 14th.
But it doesn't matter,you'd visit Microsoft or create a Windows 10 installation disk.
Just did one last Thursday no problem go for it.

Just go to win media creation tool and let it create the required software on to a USB key. At that point you can do a clean install or boot into windows got to the key ans click on set up file it will update windows and leave all your programs an data.
As always be safe and do a backup of you OS drive before doing this, you never know when a bad thing might happen.

Last report I got was it will be released on May 28th. I already have it from Windows Insider. I then went to recovery and did a clean install using Cloud Download. It took me out of the Insider program with the latest version. Very happy with it.

I am sitting here upgrading a Windows Laptop, and I could grow grass quicker than this upgrade is Happening. Mind you this is not my Laptop, it is the Wife's Laptop. My Laptop runs Linux Mint 20 Ulyana only. My desktop Computer has windows 10 Pro, Linux Mint 20 Ulyana and Ubuntu Studio. since I sat here typing this 10 minutes ago ( I am a 2 finger typist, one on each hand) the % on the upgrade has increased 1%. It is now 2:25 PM EST, and I started upgrading this at at about 11:50 AM EST, and it is now installing at 7%. At the rate this updating, I figure by 11:00 PM EST it might be finished Installing. It takes, form the time you turn the computer on, and choose the USB that the Linux Mint ISO sits on to a fully installed and running Linux Mint OS is less than 5 Minutes. Upgrades take less than a Few seconds with Linux Mint, Windows is a Dinosaur Operating System.

It really depends on what's on the device, the hardware specs and peripherals connected. Both of my personal Windows laptops upgraded within about 10-20 minutes, but I've seen some take hours and it definitely recommended to remove all but the basic peripherals devices and external storage. Occasionally I've seen the upgrades get stuck in a loop of sorts with media cards left inserted. I do still favor the simplicity of upgrading Linux. sudo do-release-upgrade or sudo mintupgrade upgrade

I will stay around for as much as i can. Depends only on the mods that you bring in and of course the content.

I am sitting here upgrading a Windows Laptop, and I could grow grass quicker than this upgrade is Happening. Mind you this is not my Laptop, it is the Wife's Laptop. My Laptop runs Linux Mint 20 Ulyana only. My desktop Computer has windows 10 Pro, Linux Mint 20 Ulyana and Ubuntu Studio. since I sat here typing this 10 minutes ago ( I am a 2 finger typist, one on each hand) the % on the upgrade has increased 1%. It is now 2:25 PM EST, and I started upgrading this at at about 11:50 AM EST, and it is now installing at 7%. At the rate this updating, I figure by 11:00 PM EST it might be finished Installing. It takes, form the time you turn the computer on, and choose the USB that the Linux Mint ISO sits on to a fully installed and running Linux Mint OS is less than 5 Minutes. Upgrades take less than a Few seconds with Linux Mint, Windows is a Dinosaur Operating System.
It is now 10:58 PM EST and this Laptop has restarted once, now has blue scree and with a white circle going round and round, working on updates 20%, Don't turn off your PC. This will take a while. then further down, your PC will restart several times. I go bed a 12:00, the bets are on if it is done by then and I am betting No it will not be. Over 12 hours to update from 1903 to 2004 is beyond ridiculous

It is now 10:58 PM EST and this Laptop has restarted once, now has blue scree and with a white circle going round and round, working on updates 20%, Don't turn off your PC. This will take a while. then further down, your PC will restart several times. I go bed a 12:00, the bets are on if it is done by then and I am betting No it will not be. Over 12 hours to update from 1903 to 2004 is beyond ridiculous
It is now 10 to midnight and it is at 75%, several restarts later

It is now 10 to midnight and it is at 75%, several restarts later
It is now midnight, and it is a 84%, over 13 hours to update, and people wonder why I Hate Windows so much, and while typing this, it has not increased at all I am going to bed, and I bet it will not be done when I wake up at 8 PM

It is now midnight, and it is a 84%, over 13 hours to update, and people wonder why I Hate Windows so much, and while typing this, it has not increased at all I am going to bed, and I bet it will not be done when I wake up at 8 PM
For something like this it uses heavy disk I/o and processor. Although it may be no comfort, not sure why it's taking so long.

When done, try:

Run as administrator command prompt:

Code:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
sfc/scannow

?

Last edited:
Back