Windows 10 What is this and what does it want??

topdesk123

I have entered every possible password and even reset my MS password, and it just keeps popping up. I don't know what it wants! It started after I rebooted my laptop, and now my iphone is prompting me for my exchange password.

View attachment 38138
I have entered every possible password and even reset my MS password, and it just keeps popping up. I don't know what it wants! It started after I rebooted my laptop, and now my iphone is prompting me for my exchange password.

• when prompted for credentials and check the "remember credentials" box.
  • Clear your cached passwords (Note: you may need Admin rights to do this)
    • Exit Outlook and Lync.
    • Choose Start | Control Panel | View by Large Icons (upper right of window) | User Accounts | Manage your credentials (left column)
    • Select all credentials for Microsoft, outlook on web or Lync and choose Remove from Vault
    • Exit and reboot your computer.
  • Rename the Outlook .ost file (if get error about "cannot open set of folders")
    • Exit Outlook and Lync.
    • From the Start menu, choose Run.
    • In the Run window, type this path in the Open box "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Outlook\"
    • Click OK
    • Find the .ost file and rename it (you may need to Show Hidden Files and Show Extensions to see the file)
    • Restart the computer
    • Restart Outlook
  • Verify that prompt for Credentials isn’t checked in profile:
    • Start Outlook
    • Choose File | Account Settings | Account Settings
    • Select your Exchange account
    • If prompted, in the Password: text box, type your password
    • Click the Change button
    • Click the More Settings button
    • Select the Security tab
    • Deselect the "Always prompt for logon credentials" check box
    • Click OK,
    • OK
    • Choose Close
    • Restart Outlook.
  • Creating a New Profile (when you create a new profile, you will need to re-add any email account you check including shared departmental accounts)
    • Exit Outlook and Lync
    • Choose Start | Control Panel | View by Large Icons (upper right of window) | Mail (may say Mail 32-bit)
    • Click Show Profiles
    • Click Add
    • Type the name of the profile e.g. your name and click OK
    • Enter your name and email if it doesn’t default in automatically
    • Click Next – it should auto configure
    • Click Finish
    • Back in the Mail window – Select your new profile in the "Always use this profile" dialog box and click Ok.

It seems, after a single posting on the forum, about two weeks ago, the op may have solved the problem??

Back